Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights

Thread: Grip Improvement

Default Grip Improvement

I've owned Kahrs for almost 20 years...a K9, a P9 and several PM9s. My only complaint with the design was having a better purchase on the frame when firing. They can become rather slick when my hands were sweaty or during rapid fire.

I recently decided to do my own Glock grip reduction with application of a bed liner material instead of stippling. I didn't care for the way the stippling felt in my hands or against my skin.

The Glock turned out so well I decided to apply the liner to my PM9 as well. After thoroughly wiping down the frame with rubbing alcohol, I taped off the sections where I wanted to border the lining. Then I taped over the logo on each side of the grip and cut the tape around the logo's outline. After applying three layers of the liner and letting it dry, I carefully took off the tape and Voila!

I'm amazed at how much of a difference the application made. It's very rubbery and adheres to the hand due to the grit inside it and texture I gave it, but I don't even notice it carrying it against my skin while inside the holster.

That’s a cool solution. It looks way better on the Kahr. Just sayin’.
    ​O|||||||O

Nice job. I also admire that honest finish wear on that PM9. Gives it real character.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I have had great success with Talon grips, and my new CM9 got them ironed on before I ever fired a shot in it. I have it on all my Glocks and they are extremely durable, nice job on your pistol....what brand did you use....I might try it...

Thanks, guys. It's whataliner industrial with grit. It actually does look a little shiny when you paint it on, but I dabbed it on with a brush to give it more of a Robar like texture. If anyone lives in the SW Ohio or N Kentucky area get it to me and I'll take care of it for you.

If you go to their website, they'll send you a 4 oz sample can for free and all you do is pay $8 shipping. It has enough for probably 20 or 30 guns! Here's their website:

http://www.chirienterprise.com/Whata...hataLiner.html

Good luck! Mike