Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace

Thread: Grip Improvement

Default Grip Improvement

I've owned Kahrs for almost 20 years...a K9, a P9 and several PM9s. My only complaint with the design was having a better purchase on the frame when firing. They can become rather slick when my hands were sweaty or during rapid fire.

I recently decided to do my own Glock grip reduction with application of a bed liner material instead of stippling. I didn't care for the way the stippling felt in my hands or against my skin.

The Glock turned out so well I decided to apply the liner to my PM9 as well. After thoroughly wiping down the frame with rubbing alcohol, I taped off the sections where I wanted to border the lining. Then I taped over the logo on each side of the grip and cut the tape around the logo's outline. After applying three layers of the liner and letting it dry, I carefully took off the tape and Voila!

I'm amazed at how much of a difference the application made. It's very rubbery and adheres to the hand due to the grit inside it and texture I gave it, but I don't even notice it carrying it against my skin while inside the holster.

Nice job! They look super grippy now. I like your PM9's character!!!

You are resourceful!!! NICE.

Thanks, guys. It's whataliner industrial with grit. It actually does look a little shiny when you paint it on, but I dabbed it on with a brush to give it more of a robar like texture. If you're in the SW Ohio or N Kentucky area get it to me and I'll take care of it for you.

If you go to their website, they'll send you a 4 oz sample can for free and all you do is pay $8 shipping. It has enough for probably 20 or 30 guns! Here's their website

http://www.chirienterprise.com/Whata...hataLiner.html

Good luck! Mike

I got the 4 oz sample enroute, should be here soon. I did the order but it seemed like it messed up so I emailed and got a quick response. Nice folks. Said he'd take care of it. Wanted to know if it was for a gun. They must know what we're up too.
    Don't know what I'll try it on but I'll think of something.
    Thanks for the info sheepdog.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I got the 4 oz sample enroute, should be here soon. I did the order but it seemed like it messed up so I emailed and got a quick response. Nice folks. Said he'd take care of it. Wanted to know if it was for a gun. They must know what we're up too.
    Don't know what I'll try it on but I'll think of something.
    Thanks for the info sheepdog.
    Great! I applied it to a friend's duty Sig. Works better than the skateboard tape he had there.