Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop

Thread: Grip Improvement

Default Grip Improvement

I've owned Kahrs for almost 20 years...a K9, a P9 and several PM9s. My only complaint with the design was having a better purchase on the frame when firing. They can become rather slick when my hands were sweaty or during rapid fire.

I recently decided to do my own Glock grip reduction with application of a bed liner material instead of stippling. I didn't care for the way the stippling felt in my hands or against my skin.

The Glock turned out so well I decided to apply the liner to my PM9 as well. After thoroughly wiping down the frame with rubbing alcohol, I taped off the sections where I wanted to border the lining. Then I taped over the logo on each side of the grip and cut the tape around the logo's outline. After applying three layers of the liner and letting it dry, I carefully took off the tape and Voila!

I'm amazed at how much of a difference the application made. It's very rubbery and adheres to the hand due to the grit inside it and texture I gave it, but I don't even notice it carrying it against my skin while inside the holster.

Nice job! They look super grippy now. I like your PM9's character!!!

You are resourceful!!! NICE.

Thanks, guys. It's whataliner industrial with grit. It actually does look a little shiny when you paint it on, but I dabbed it on with a brush to give it more of a robar like texture. If you're in the SW Ohio or N Kentucky area get it to me and I'll take care of it for you.

If you go to their website, they'll send you a 4 oz sample can for free and all you do is pay $8 shipping. It has enough for probably 20 or 30 guns! Here's their website

http://www.chirienterprise.com/Whata...hataLiner.html

Good luck! Mike

I got the 4 oz sample enroute, should be here soon. I did the order but it seemed like it messed up so I emailed and got a quick response. Nice folks. Said he'd take care of it. Wanted to know if it was for a gun. They must know what we're up too.
    Don't know what I'll try it on but I'll think of something.
    Thanks for the info sheepdog.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I got the 4 oz sample enroute, should be here soon. I did the order but it seemed like it messed up so I emailed and got a quick response. Nice folks. Said he'd take care of it. Wanted to know if it was for a gun. They must know what we're up too.
    Don't know what I'll try it on but I'll think of something.
    Thanks for the info sheepdog.
    Great! I applied it to a friend's duty Sig. Works better than the skateboard tape he had there.