Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first Kahr- S9 or CW9?

Quote Originally Posted by kwh View Post
    CM 9 is the best out there for pocket carry. CW9 is too big.
    I have pocket carried a CM9 for years every day. Leather, DeSantis MK, and Kydex holsters. All are good.
    The .380 is too small, and my CW9 is belt carried.
    When I will spend a lot of time sitting,l I carry my CM9 in an Telor ankle holster. I can wear it all day, walk a mile or more, and am quite comfortable.
    If you have big enough pockets, the CM9 is a very attractive little pistol... I think it would make a great IWB firearm as well and would trade my CW9 for one if I had the chance.

For me, the CM9 is still too big for pocket carry and the CW380 is perfect for me in that regard... I also have a Blackhawk ankle-holster for the 380 because I find the calf-strap to be required for proper ankle carry.

I do have a sticky holster ordered to try for pocket carry. I have big pockets. I am also looking for an IWB rig.

Thanks for all this great advice.

I have successfully used Sticky Holsters for IWB carry, when not wearing a belt (ie. Running/athletic shorts) with the P380, the Kahr Arms/NAA Guardian 380, and the CT9. As a matter of fact, the Sticky Holster is the only holster I have for the CT9. The Guardian seems heavier than the CT9, and a Sticky Holster will hold them all, even while running, since the grip keeps the gun from falling through your waistband, and your tight waist band (a string-tied waistband is a must, in athletic shorts with an elastic waistband, and a belt is recommended [by me] with a regular waistband) keeps the gun from bouncing. The holster works, and works well, but only because of friction caused by a tight waistband. Keep in mind that if you are sensitive to latex, your skin may be irritated and/or swell up and/or itch for a couple days after wearing for a day, if the holster is in constant contact with your skin. But, that hasn’t been a deal-ender.

For back pocket-carry, I highly recommend PocketHolsters.com.

-Wlf

P.S. There is the topic of “bathroom awareness” to manage. The holster must be removed from the waistband before sitting to do “paperwork”. Gotta remember to remove the Sticky magazine holster, as well. After a bit, it becomes part of the routine, or “checklist”.

Hi, Im new to this forum, but I can make a solid suggestion about buying the CW9
    i just ordered model CW9093HM
    This model comes with 2 magazines and a holster. Classic firearms has them in stock for $277 plus shipping. A great deal for this gun. Hope this helps.

I like my MK9 but it costs more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tjironhorse View Post
    Hi, Im new to this forum, but I can make a solid suggestion about buying the CW9
    i just ordered model CW9093HM
    This model comes with 2 magazines and a holster. Classic firearms has them in stock for $277 plus shipping. A great deal for this gun. Hope this helps.
    Yes, that is a really good deal!
    I thought the $314 I paid for mine with one magazine & no holster last year was a bargain! lol

And welcome to the forum - that was an excellent first post.

A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

The covert is basically a CW 9 slide and a CM 9frame only in the P series. A friend of mine has one and it is nice but feels a bit muzzle heavy even with a full magazine. It is a very shootable pistol and i think it would be very much in demand if Kahr reintroduced it.

PM9 for IWB carry and CW380 for pocket carry. I love them both.

As someone posted elsewhere on this forum, here is a fantastic deal on a P9 with night sights and two magazines - $385 + $7.99 shipping:

https://grabagun.com/kahr-p9-9mm-3-5...d-poly-ns.html
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Quote Originally Posted by Armybrat View Post
    As someone posted elsewhere on this forum, here is a fantastic deal on a P9 with night sights and two magazines - $385 + $7.99 shipping:

https://grabagun.com/kahr-p9-9mm-3-5...d-poly-ns.html
    That was me. It actually came with three magazines. Two 7 round and one 8 round.

I ordered after close of business on a Friday and the firearm was at my FFL Thursday.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.