Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
Oh, I can relate to this.

When my Dad was in his early 80's, he started to drive like Mr Magoo. Pretty scary, and I was the only one that could get away with saying "Gimme the keys Pop - I'll drive".

We had a family meeting (sans Pop) where everyone wanted me to get Pop to give up the keys and driver's license.

My Dad was a stone mason for most of his life, and he had biceps the size of my thighs. NO ONE in their right mind would even THINK about getting in a fight with him. Including me.

When he was 83, an aggressive driver got pissed at him, and at a stop light, ran up to Dad's truck and punched him in the head through the open window. Dad got out of the truck and dropped the guy with one punch. There was witnesses, and when the police arrived, they laughed when they heard the story. And I got the call "Hey Chief - your Dad decked some guy

Pop drove up until a week before he passed at the ripe old age of 89.
My Dad died at 82. but he was still driving and played 18 holes of golf a week earlier. My Mother, however, lived to 96 and was still driving to the supermarket, library, and beauty shop weekly 2 months before she died.