Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: How old is too old to carry?

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    373

    Default

    It seems that everyone on this site is old. No wonder I feel at home here.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Round Rock, Texas
    Posts
    3,240

    Default

    We're lucky not to get a bunch of hearing aid/Metamucil/AARP/cemetery plot pop-up ads.
    "My God, Woodrow. It has been quite a party, ain't it?"

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wet & Wild Pacific NW
    Posts
    27,854

    Default

    I'm getting a new one in a week or two. 2200 bucks of potential gun money just so I can hear instructions from she who must be obeyed!

    I'll use my old one as a back up for failures. I love failures, she hate them.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

    RIP Muggsy & TMan

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Central MN
    Posts
    1,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    Maybe it's a good conversation to have with the kids when they come to take your car keys....
    My car runs 0-60 in just over 5 seconds. The kids will never catch me.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    south east Michigan
    Posts
    1,993

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    My car runs 0-60 in just over 5 seconds. The kids will never catch me.
    GOOD for you!!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    Maybe it's a good conversation to have with the kids when they come to take your car keys....
    Oh, I can relate to this.

    When my Dad was in his early 80's, he started to drive like Mr Magoo. Pretty scary, and I was the only one that could get away with saying "Gimme the keys Pop - I'll drive".

    We had a family meeting (sans Pop) where everyone wanted me to get Pop to give up the keys and driver's license.

    My Dad was a stone mason for most of his life, and he had biceps the size of my thighs. NO ONE in their right mind would even THINK about getting in a fight with him. Including me.

    When he was 83, an aggressive driver got pissed at him, and at a stop light, ran up to Dad's truck and punched him in the head through the open window. Dad got out of the truck and dropped the guy with one punch. There was witnesses, and when the police arrived, they laughed when they heard the story. And I got the call "Hey Chief - your Dad decked some guy that attacked him in his truck." After asking if everyone was OK, the officer said he was pretty sure that aggressive driver would think twice about picking on an old guy again, and Dad wouldn't press charges.

    Pop drove up until a week before he passed at the ripe old age of 89.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    North Central Washington
    Posts
    2,437

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Pop drove up until a week before he passed at the ripe old age of 89.
    Love that whole story. I'm getting old enough that I refuse to carry the 80 pound sacks of concrete anymore and I avoid the 60 pound sacks pretty well too. I think I can still lug a pistol around for awhile though.
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Wet & Wild Pacific NW
    Posts
    27,854

    Default

    Awesome story Ed. Old guys rock.
    http://bawanna45.wix.com/bawannas-grip-emporium#!
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

    RIP Muggsy & TMan

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gwinnett County, Georgia
    Posts
    3,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Oh, I can relate to this.

    When my Dad was in his early 80's, he started to drive like Mr Magoo. Pretty scary, and I was the only one that could get away with saying "Gimme the keys Pop - I'll drive".

    We had a family meeting (sans Pop) where everyone wanted me to get Pop to give up the keys and driver's license.

    My Dad was a stone mason for most of his life, and he had biceps the size of my thighs. NO ONE in their right mind would even THINK about getting in a fight with him. Including me.

    When he was 83, an aggressive driver got pissed at him, and at a stop light, ran up to Dad's truck and punched him in the head through the open window. Dad got out of the truck and dropped the guy with one punch. There was witnesses, and when the police arrived, they laughed when they heard the story. And I got the call "Hey Chief - your Dad decked some guy

    Pop drove up until a week before he passed at the ripe old age of 89.
    My Dad died at 82. but he was still driving and played 18 holes of golf a week earlier. My Mother, however, lived to 96 and was still driving to the supermarket, library, and beauty shop weekly 2 months before she died.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Gwinnett County, Georgia
    Posts
    3,321

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 340pd View Post
    My car runs 0-60 in just over 5 seconds. The kids will never catch me.
    My Jag will do it in under 4 seconds, so I don't think my son's Miata has a chance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun