Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights

Thread: Illinois is at it again

Default Illinois is at it again

House Amendment 2 to House Bill 2354, sponsored by Rep. Kathleen Willis (D-77), would allow for the issuance of protective orders to infringe on Second Amendment rights based on third party allegations with little, if any, real evidence and limited “due process” for the respondent. Hearings for the orders would be ex parte, where the respondent is not present to challenge the accuser and defend against allegations made against them. The issuance of an order would immediately prohibit the respondent from exercising their Second Amendment rights. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms should not be treated as a second-class right and should only be restricted consistent with the constitutional requirements of due process.

Yes this is the new gun control push across the country. The new buzz phrase they are also using is "just common sense gun laws". It was pushed for here also in Minnesota.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

The antigunnuts have been using the "common sense gun laws" term for at least 20 years now. There's not much real "common sense" being proposed by those people.
    Due Process means nothing to them when it comes to the 2nd Amendment.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I think we oughta build a wall between Illinois and Missouri. This is messing with my heritage ya know.

Maybe a wall around the whole state would be good.

You know why Missouri got the Mule and Illinois got the Swedes? Missouri got first choice.

Don't tell my wife I said that, full blood Swede.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Already passed here in Floriduh! These beurocraps are about as dumb witted as can be. Sometimes wish I was a little slower in the mental department so I could run for office. They always seem to get so rich while in office!

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Already passed here in Floriduh! These beurocraps are about as dumb witted as can be. Sometimes wish I was a little slower in the mental department so I could run for office. They always seem to get so rich while in office!
    Slow or Fast in the mental department does not matter when running for office, it is the amount of your criminal intent that counts!

"Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

I think you got it figured correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    I think we oughta build a wall between Illinois and Missouri. This is messing with my heritage ya know.

Maybe a wall around the whole state would be good.

You know why Missouri got the Mule and Illinois got the Swedes? Missouri got first choice.

Don't tell my wife I said that, full blood Swede.
    Yeah, but you got a really extra special one.

Just put the wall around Chicago (plus Morton Grove and East St. Louis). The rest of the state is ok.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling