Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New-to-me "2004" Kahr T9

Default New-to-me "2004" Kahr T9

Ever since I got a Kahr K9 recently, I've been thinking that a larger Kahr T9 would be nice to have too...

Not a "need" per se, but since when did THAT ever enter into the discussion?

I finally got to handle a full-size T9 at Hyatt's Gun Shop in NC, which was the first and only time I'd seen one to handle (fondle maybe?) ever. It sure was nice, but the new ones aren't cheap, and I kept it in mind to look for one.

I recently won this 2004-vintage (made just before they switched sight dovetails) at an online auction (not GunBroker) and I am really pleased with its overall condition. I really like how it feels in the hand, and how it handles overall. The night sights are long since dim, and I know my options are limited due to the older dovetail, but I haven't made any decisions yet. Plus, my K9 now has a CT Laser Grip -- thanks to a seller from this website -- and I'll typically be carrying that one for EDC or carry around the homestead.

I was really pleased with the trigger of the T9 -- I used to think my K9's trigger was the best-ever Kahr trigger that I had ever pulled (since I converted it from the extra-long "NYPD" pull to the shorter "Elite" stroke), but I think the T9 is even better! She did really well from 10 yards today -- and this target was shot just getting used to the larger gun. I'll bet I can avoid the flyer when I really concentrate...

The T9 makes a nice addition to my Kahr Family and it easily fits into the K9 holsters I have; in fact, one holster is a little long for the K9 and it's just about right for the longer T9.

Here's the family -- A Kahr For Every Occasion!

Although now I do wish for an "all stainless" K380, just because...

Tight groups!

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

LUCKY! That looks great. I think I've only seen and held one (for a very long time) in all my born days. It felt awesome in hand, like it was made just for me.

I've hankered for one to call my own ever since. But as you say a new one is pretty rich for my side of the tracks.
    I'd love a T45 myself but I'll score a T9 if my canoe ever comes in with enough loot.

I bought my Cbob from Hyatt's. Son in Laws family lives in that neck of the woods. Must be a heck of a gun shop.

Enjoy you T9, and don't worry none bout that flier, it's still well within the hurt zone for sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Nice! and nice shooting!

I’ve been thinking more about an all steel Kahr. Maybe an MK9.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Must be an omen, I just found one, and it's semi local to me. We're in negotiations as we type. Like new with nice sights (can't remember whose now) and starting at 750.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I bought my T9 new from grabagun (they have one in stock now). With shipping and transfer cost, total was around $700.00.

Something to consider in your dickering.
    NRA Benefactor

Hmmmm, thanks for that. Consider me considering.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Must be an omen, I just found one, and it's semi local to me. We're in negotiations as we type. Like new with nice sights (can't remember whose now) and starting at 750.
    Gee, I think the new one at Hyatt's was just under $700...

I suggest you do some research before you and the seller close the deal.

After a quick check on GunBroker...

* New ones start at $662 - with "buy it now" at $663
    * There is also a "buy it now" for $680
    * And a "used, no reserve" one that just started at $599 (9 days to go)

Any decent extras/accessories would, of course, add value (if you need them).

Good luck!

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

Ahhh… the T9. All the goodness of the K9 but easier takedown. Mine came with MMC sights which I preferred to the normal Kahr sight. My only complaint ever was a annoying irritation of my middle finger caused by the trigger guard. Other than that; a sweet, reliable, accurate pistol. I always compare the T9 to the venerable HK P7. Same weight, same barrel length, same capacity, same overall size. Two really competent shooters.

Congrats on the find and enjoy.
    Last edited by ripley16; 06-01-2018 at 01:14 PM.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Fine looking pistols all around folks! Congrats on the recent acquisition Old No7

It's a shame that MMC folded as they did make some nice sights.
    I think the first one they came out with, a windage and elevation adjustable rear sight for 1911s that worked with the small OEM front sight, was very innovative.
    Those they made for Kahr pistols were a nice design that also looks good on the pistols (IMO).

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

One of the ones I'm looking at has the MMC sights which I too thought was a plus.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan