Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Xssights

Thread: Yet another new guy from the PNW

Default Yet another new guy from the PNW

I recently acquired a P9 when I found my other carry guns tended to be a bit on the large side. The favorable comments from a couple shooters I have known for many years helped a lot.
    So here is the foolish new guy questipn. (Perhaps I did not research deeply enough into ancient files from this chat room.) Is it safe to fire commercial +P 9mm ammo in a P9? Am thinking in terms of Speer Gold Dot 124 gr +P.
    Part of the reason I am asking is because my wonderful P9 is in the Kahr body and fender shop. After several hundred break in rounds of common 9mm practice ammo, the slide started jamming or binding in the rear most recoil position after every shot fired. It was not the slide lock. In this position I could simply tap the rear of the slide with the palm of my hand and it would close, chambering the next round, ready to fire and bind itself open again. Been shooting for a number of decades and never saw everything like this. And I have not even gotten around to trying +P ammo yet.
    Comments?
    Yukon

I never heard of that either. All Kahrs are rated ok to fire +P ammo, and I'm sure that's not the issue.

How far in the NW are ya, Yukon would be mighty NW for sure.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Western Washington. I have had the nick name Yukon for 20+ years.

I suspected the P9 would handle +P 9mm ammo but have not seen it in writing on anything from Kahr.

I'm in Monroe, wave when you drive through.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."