Kahr Shop   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen

Thread: Cm9 failure to fire every other round

Default Cm9 failure to fire every other round

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    now if you guys willjust feedme some more helpful tips on Proper preppingof your new kahr, they might just get added to the list. I do think it can save all of us veterans on this forumthe repettion of telling a new owner all that we know. We can just send himto this site and let him read and learn..

again thanks to all the forum people who have contributed to that thread.. I can only take credit for putting all the stuff together. Alot of you guys have postred alot of this stuff in threads that I just correlated into a readable form.

Hey there I’m new to this forum. I had an issue maybe you can point me in the right direction. I have a CM9. The issue I’m having is when shooting, the first round shoots fine second round does not fire with trigger fully pressed. Slide is fully returned it’s not halfway in or failing to rack. I can see round is in chamber and won’t shoot. I have to pull slide back just enough I guess to let it reset striker and then it will allow me to shoot. Then 3rd round may shoot fine and then issue again with 4th round. I’m using 115 grain FMJ’s federal ammo

The trigger is completely loose, no resistance? I'd be tempted to pull the side plate and see if the trigger bar spring is looking correct. It's not too difficult, takes a #5? torx bit and there's a little pin in the back to pry loose. If you not comfy an email or call to kahr would be in order. How many rounds have you shot?
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo7970 View Post
    Hey there I’m new to this forum. I had an issue maybe you can point me in the right direction. I have a CM9. The issue I’m having is when shooting, the first round shoots fine second round does not fire with trigger fully pressed. Slide is fully returned it’s not halfway in or failing to rack. I can see round is in chamber and won’t shoot. I have to pull slide back just enough I guess to let it reset striker and then it will allow me to shoot. Then 3rd round may shoot fine and then issue again with 4th round. I’m using 115 grain FMJ’s federal ammo
    Jocko says send it back to the mama ship and let them fix it……Like Bawanna said it is most likely a trigger bar, spring issue but unless you are used to DIU work on a pistol I would call Kahr for a return shipping label and let them correct it and welcome to the forum…….