Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did Kahr modify original P380 extractor?

Default Did Kahr modify original P380 extractor?

Remember reading through forum hearing Jay mentioned they did modify extractor for the P380 yet when I call Kahr Tech Support says no modifications have ever been made.

Does anyone know for sure?

**He also suggested replacing springs every 2 years even if firearm has not been used.

Thanks!

*Also just purchased Lakeline striker and guide rod
    https://lakelinellc.com/shop/ultimat...r-380-pistols/

**Edit - Tech Support I talked to on phone, not Jay.
    Last edited by PBJ; 06-09-2018 at 11:07 AM. Reason: **Edit - Tech Support I talked to on phone, not Jay.

"Modified" leaves room for ambiguity. I sent in a CW380 about a year ago I think. I had bought it NIB and immediately had issues. The repair report said they "upgraded" the extractor. I believe that means they put in a new extractor made to specs which had changed after mine was manufactured. Anyway it worked.

I never get helpful answers by calling so now I email if I have a problem. On a couple of occasions THEY called ME, and the caller was someone knowledgeable.

I don't change springs unless I notice they need new ones. That does work out to about every 2 years for the recoil springs shooting a couple times a month. I have no idea why you'd need to change springs if you didn't wear them out.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899

Quote Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
    Remember reading through forum hearing Jay mentioned they did modify extractor for the P380 yet when I call Kahr Tech Support says no modifications have ever been made.

Does anyone know for sure?

He also suggested replacing springs every 2 years even if firearm has not been used.

Thanks!

*Also just purchased Lakeline striker and guide rod
    https://lakelinellc.com/shop/ultimat...r-380-pistols/
    I went through a stretch where I as exchanging many emails with Jay so when this subject came up a while back, I
    asked. He said it had been modified for improved feeding. I shared this news on the forum which is probably where you read it. I’m not sure if Kahr has always radiused the lower edge, but they’re doing it now.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Thanks much for the replies and I feel the same way about email being most helpful form of contact and also agree about the springs need not be changed so frequently if not being used as phone tech recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    I went through a stretch where I as exchanging many emails with Jay so when this subject came up a while back, I
    asked. He said it had been modified for improved feeding. I shared this news on the forum which is probably where you read it. I’m not sure if Kahr has always radiused the lower edge, but they’re doing it now.
    I mentioned radius'ing the lower edge of the extractor in the pinned Tigman250 FTF thread and he was quick to challenge my suggestion...
    http://www.kahrtalk.com/showthread.p...053#post362053
    Sounds like Kahr was more receptive.
    I apologize if my post contains the same or similar information as someone who has posted before me.

Thanks again gents,

Kahr's "new and improved" website unfortunately leaves a lot to be desired as I'm still unable to find a P380 Extractor there... plenty of "404's" though.... will keep searching. :/

I wish Lakeline kept these parts in stock, received my order from him in only a couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by PBJ View Post
    Thanks again gents,

Kahr's "new and improved" website unfortunately leaves a lot to be desired as I'm still unable to find a P380 Extractor there... plenty of "404's" though.... will keep searching. :/

I wish Lakeline kept these parts in stock, received my order from him in only a couple of days.
    Here ya go:
    https://shopkahrfirearmsgroup.com/02...tor-024p38mim/

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Kind thanks Greg, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by gb6491 View Post
    Is this the new and improved extractor? I got service on my cw380 late last year after a terrible experience. Will they send a new and improved extractor? Do they fix extractor tension? When they did service they said they polished the feed ramp and extractor, but there are still issues abound.

Quote Originally Posted by miamivicedade View Post
    Is this the new and improved extractor? I got service on my cw380 late last year after a terrible experience. Will they send a new and improved extractor? Do they fix extractor tension? When they did service they said they polished the feed ramp and extractor, but there are still issues abound.
    If you had your gun serviced last year, you probably have the latest extractor. I doubt they mess around with tension but do not know that for a fact. If you’re having feed issues, take out a file and remove some metal off of the rear extractor pin. Easy to do and a cheap part should you remove too much...I’ve never heard of someone removing too much..😃😃
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm