Kahr Shop   Xssights   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Kahr modify original P380 extractor?

Quote Originally Posted by topgun1953 View Post
    If you had your gun serviced last year, you probably have the latest extractor. I doubt they mess around with tension but do not know that for a fact. If you’re having feed issues, take out a file and remove some metal off of the rear extractor pin. Easy to do and a cheap part should you remove too much...I’ve never heard of someone removing too much..😃😃
    Thanks! There is a flat side and a rounded side to the smaller rear extractor pin. I'm guessing I do it to the flat side. How much is about right? A couple passes with the file? The part is very small

Got a caliper? I took .022” off mine only because that made the entire stack of pins and spring match my P380. Try taking off .010 at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by skiflydive View Post
    Got a caliper? I took .022” off mine only because that made the entire stack of pins and spring match my P380. Try taking off .010 at a time.
    Ditto..I think I took .015 off. It’s flush with the slide now when the back plate is off. Rounded or flat end? Don’t know...both of mine look flat to me and I never paid attention to the difference..😳😳
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Ok - please excuse my ignorance, but... i just used a file and shaved a bit off the rear extractor pin of the cw380. Hard to say how much because the caliper I have is crap. But basically, with the back plate off, it sits a little below the slide. It obviously has to compress to get the the back plate on. Does anyone have an idea on how it should look "eyeballed"? I wont be able to take it to the range for a couple of days, but I am hoping I've gotten enough off of it. I can see metal "smears" on the file, but no flakes of metal from the pin. There is obvious wear though, where I filed.

If it’s shorter than what it was and you still have to compress it to get the back plate on, give it a go. Hand cycle some round through it first.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

Thanks. I will give it a try. It hand cycles as long as i put a little into it..... Should it be short enough so you dont have to compress it to put the back plate on? I would think at that point it is too loose.

Yes I would think that is too much because then there would be little to no tension on the extractor.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm