Well, I finally got a black diamond P45. I am familiar with Kahrs, as I have owned a pm9 for seven years. For me, this is the perfect size for appendix concealed carry. The beautiful matte black finish on the slide is impressive. I opted for the tritium night sights too. I was astonished that the grip was very thin, 1911 like. Trigger was the usual long, but smooth break when fired.

Range report: 240 rounds fired:
100 rounds CCI Lawman FMJ 230g
50 rounds Federal American Eagle FMJ 230g
50 rounds Winchester white box FMJ 230g
40 rounds Winchester PDX1 hollowpoints 230g

Fired from seven and ten yards. The first hundred fired were the Lawman. Perfect feeding and ejection. Same with the next fifty of American Eagle. The Winchester white box twice the nose of the bullet stuck on the feed ramp. The Winchester PDX1, fired last fed perfectly. On the last two magazines on the last shot, the slide did not lock back. The gun was pretty dirty at this point. The two six round Kahr mags that came with the gun performed extremely well. The one seven round magazine, that also came with the gun worked fine, except, on at least two ocassions, when slapping the magazine home, the slide would go forward loading a round, without me touching the slide, or the slide release lever. The P45 is super accurate. Ninety percent of my shots made a inch wide ragged hole about a half inch left of the bullseye. Two magazines were used one handed, alternating left and right.

My overall rating: A minus.

Well pleased. The pistol performed well during it's break in. I expect it to smooth out even more as the springs in the slide and magazines get a little more use. I welcome your comments on the issues I did have, and and any pointers, that will help. I also purchased a Theis single clip hybrid holster for appendix carry. I opted for full slide coverage and premium leather. The P45 fits perfectly "snapping " into place, with just the right level of retention. I think I will put at least another one hundred rounds of carry ammo through the P45, before I carry it, which will be Winchester Ranger T 230g hollowpoints.