CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Magnum Research new
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New CM 9 Feed Problem

Quote Originally Posted by DAKA View Post
    Another 100 rounds on the CW 9 worls perfectly, however I thin I need to move the sight, I'm shooting about 4" left and 2" high....me or the gun?
    It doesn't matter, I think if I move the sight it will help...any advice?
    Scope this out:

Beyond the above:

ELEVATION:
    Are you aligning the tops of the sights or putting the dot right on top of the bar?
    If it's the former, try the latter.
    If it's the latter (or you prefer the former):
    1.Consider using a lower point of aim
    2. Try different ammo: different bullet weight, different velocities, from different manufacturers
    3. Contact Kahr to see if they can or will be of assistance
    4. File the rear sight down enough to correct elevation, touch up with cold blue
    5. Contact Dawson Precision about a taller front sight

WINDAGE:
    If you have the tools and fill comfortable doing it move the rear sight to the right (You can always move it back).

Amount of correction needed calculator (allow pop ups): https://www.brownells.com/aspx/learn...aspx?lid=13093

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

THEY ARE NOT TARGET FIREARMS. I REPEAT, THEY ARE NOT TARGET FIREARMS. THEY ARE FOR PERSONAL DEFENSE. ANYONE WHO THINKS THAT THEY WILL BE A BULLSEYE SHOOTER WITH A CM9, OR A PM9, OR AN MK9 IS LIVING IN ANOTHER WORLD OF WHICH MOST ARE UNFAMILIAR. IF YOU WANT TO SHOOT BULLSEYES, THEN BUY A FULL SIZE TARGET PISTOL. I DON'T EVEN CONSIDER THE CW'S AS TARGET FIREARMS. UNLESS YOU HAVE UNLIMITED TIME, AMMO, AND $$$$$$$$$$, I guess they could be.

Wow shouting....
    I have been shooting since I was 12...71 years ago, believe me I reaiize what constitutes a TARGET gun or a RANGE gun...however, being able to put a few rounds in the center of a target is pretty important ... FOR AN EDC weapon...
    When I do go TARGET shooting I usually take my RUGER MK III TARGET GUN...
    Thanks'
    Daniel

They may never win a bullseye competition, but these guns are plenty accurate. From a rest, they should do better than 3" 25-yard groups with cheap range ammo and under 2" with agreeable factory loads.

Because of their small size (short sight radius, low polar moment of inertia, etc) and long trigger pull, that probably translates to about an 18" group off-hand for your average shooter. But with practice most should be able to achieve 6" groups and some 4"

If this is the gun you're going to carry every day, why wouldn't you want to shoot it well? Besides, it is a fun challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    They may never win a bullseye competition, but these guns are plenty accurate. From a rest, they should do better than 3" 25-yard groups with cheap range ammo and under 2" with agreeable factory loads.

Because of their small size (short sight radius, low polar moment of inertia, etc) and long trigger pull, that probably translates to about an 18" group off-hand for your average shooter. But with practice most should be able to achieve 6" groups and some 4"

If this is the gun you're going to carry every day, why wouldn't you want to shoot it well? Besides, it is a fun challenge.
    I know how accurate Kahr's can be, but there is also reality. Most of us don't practice shooting off of sand bags with defensive firearms. Kind of defeats the purpose. Like I mentioned, if you have time, money and lots of ammo, do as you wish. When you can shoot those groups with a defensive firearm from 25 yds. without a sandbag, you let me know. As has been mentioned, when that day comes, I'll sponsor you out on the shooting circuit. Personally, I don't have the jing to waste, trying to shoot 2" groups at 25 yds. with a small firearm. My MK starts at the belt line and goes up, a hit every time. That's my bullseye, and that's what the firearm is for. Carry on...………………..

Quote Originally Posted by DAKA View Post
    Wow shouting....
    I have been shooting since I was 12...71 years ago, believe me I reaiize what constitutes a TARGET gun or a RANGE gun...however, being able to put a few rounds in the center of a target is pretty important ... FOR AN EDC weapon...
    When I do go TARGET shooting I usually take my RUGER MK III TARGET GUN...
    Thanks'
    Daniel
    It is important. Let me know when you can do it at 25 yds.

I truly think the capability is there, it's the person behind the trigger that is the weak link. I know I have to do very good at the closer ranges to make up for how lousy I am out at the 25 yard line when I shoot our dept quals (which isn't often or required in my case).

Maybe Daka is that person and me bonnets off to ya if it is and if it's not, keep throwing bullets until you are.

For me I used the minute of pie plate plan, (large pie plate). Any hits in the pie plate are meaningful if the pie plate was hung center mass. Preferably on a wide center mass. Another reason I like 45, wider bullets, more chance of a hit if it's close to the edge.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Hey, Just back from the range...me and Mrs D, I can put 5 out of 7 rounds in an 8" pie plate at 25'...I am HAPPY (The other 2 are likely to be anywhere if I "flinched" ....
    BUT the 5 were in the upper left quadrant....now that I feel that the gun is "broken in" I'll be aiming at the lower right and see what happens...
    Nrs.D was shooting a Sig Mosquito I got for her from a friend who hated it, she puts majority of the holes within an 4" circle at 25' (damn)

Wimmen nearly always out shoot men. No pressure them to do well. If they don't shoot good they always have the I'm just a girl excuse.

Us guys are labeled unmanly and destined to be cooks and clothes washers in the tribe, not to associate with the hunter / warriors.

I think I been around the violets far too long.

8"? My pie plates are much larger than that.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Buy em' at Costco....100's for a few bucks...make an X with a magic marker, I was printing out targets from a "site" till I was reminded that THOSE THINGS ARE COSTING ABOUT A DIME EACH....(she's right, and I use up all the ink....oops...)