Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New CM 9 Feed Problem

Default New CM 9 Feed Problem

Just picked up my new CM 9 first time shooting it, first 6 mags go fine, then there is a problem with the first round in the mag not feeding up the ramp.
    It doesn't seem to be sitting properly in the mag...not pointed slightly up....it jams against the ramp and doesn't feed...
    I will say that I really like this gun, the reduced recoil compared to other compact 9's is incredible...

The first round as released by the slide stop, or the next round following the firing of the previous round?

Quote Originally Posted by kwh View Post
    The first round as released by the slide stop, or the next round following the firing of the previous round?
    The first round...seems to be pointed level, rather than slightly upward, after that its ok

I’d recommend to Take your mag apart and check everything out to make sure nothing has broken. Also make sure the spring is oriented so that the top of the spring that meets the follower has the same angle as the bottom of the follower when put back together. You’ll want the spring pointing toward the feed ramp and not toward the back of the pistol. We’ve seen this in the past, the spring oriented backwards.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

If that doesn't work than your choices are:

1. Send it to Kahr

or

2. Sell it

I'll check the mag, thanks, if necessary it goes to KAHR, I like this gun.

Quote Originally Posted by DAKA View Post
    Just picked up my new CM 9 first time shooting it, first 6 mags go fine, then there is a problem with the first round in the mag not feeding up the ramp.
    It doesn't seem to be sitting properly in the mag...not pointed slightly up....it jams against the ramp and doesn't feed...
    I will say that I really like this gun, the reduced recoil compared to other compact 9's is incredible...
    Welcome to the forums!

You gotten some good advice above.

FWIW, I'd like to add my 2cents. When you say "..first 6 mags go fine...", I'm assuming that this means six loading of the magazine that came with the gun vice six different magazines. If this is correct and considering that the single magazine worked fine for multiple loadings, I wonder if the front skirt of the magazine follower has broken off. Here's a photo that was posted by moosetang that shows a broken follower and the piece that broke off:
    If you find this to be the case, we can look at it further.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

I got my PM9 for a steal because the previous owner could not get it to feed reliably despite buying multiple magazines & sending it on repeated trips to kahr. All it needed was lakeline followers and about 60 rounds break-in per magazine, loading only 3 at a time. The break-in process bangs up the followers a bit so they're not for show, but they now feed 100% and have for thousands of rounds.

https://lakelinellc.com/shop/metal-m...-for-9mm-kahr/

You’ll want the spring pointing toward the feed ramp and not toward the back of the pistol. Yep, this was very good advice. We’ve seen this in the past, the spring oriented backwards.
    Was having problems with the extended round mag and discovered this was my problem!!

OK, good advice from someone on another m/b, do not "slinshot" the slide...release it with the SLIDE RELEASEIf I am not mistaken, on my RUGER MK III's they say NOT to use the SLIDE LOCK to release the slide....
    I just fired 10 mags of 7 rounds, I even loaded one round in the chamber and refilled the mag...works 100%
    So KAHR is the only gun ghat the thingy on the side is a LOCK and a SLIDE RELEASE...