CrossBreed Holsters   Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New CM 9 Feed Problem

Quote Originally Posted by DAKA View Post
    OK, good advice from someone on another m/b, do not "slinshot" the slide...release it with the SLIDE RELEASEIf I am not mistaken, on my RUGER MK III's they say NOT to use the SLIDE LOCK to release the slide....
    I just fired 10 mags of 7 rounds, I even loaded one round in the chamber and refilled the mag...works 100%
    So KAHR is the only gun ghat the thingy on the side is a LOCK and a SLIDE RELEASE...
    I think you got it. One item of note is after you’ve shot it a bit sometimes you can slingshot it BUT you have to make sure to pull it all the way back and let it go without riding the slide. But it’s still easier to use the slide release.

funny thing is I have a CW45 and CW380 that I can slingshot but my CM9 is still tight when trying to slingshot it.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Kahr recommends the slide release due mostly to all the complaints of jams on the first round.

If you sling shot properly IE: Don't girlyman it, do it briskly, rip it back and let it fly it will work. Many unconsciously ride the slide just a bit and they can be pretty unforgiving especially when new and tight.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Another 100 rounds on the CW 9 worls perfectly, however I thin I need to move the sight, I'm shooting about 4" left and 2" high....me or the gun?
    It doesn't matter, I think if I move the sight it will help...any advice?

For new right handed Kahr shooters, they usually start out shooting low and left. So adjustment might be in order.

For height you'll have to adjust your point of aim, a bit more 6 oclock hold.

You can drift the rear sight to fix the 4" left.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Another 100 rounds on the CW 9 worls perfectly, however I thin I need to move the sight, I'm shooting about 4" left and 2" high....me or the gun?
    I had similar “to the left” issues with both my CM9 and CT380. It’s obviously me. I drifted the rear sight to the right on both guns and the “problem” was fixed.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

At what distance are you shooting?

99% of the time it is the shooter, but different ammo can move groups around a bit.

I would not recommend adjusting the sights if the problem is technique -- if you shoot left with a kahr you'll probably shoot left with a glock too & wouldn't you rather be able to pick up any gun and shoot it precisely? With their long, smooth trigger Kahrs are fantastic for training new shooters - let it teach you!

If I aim at the lower right i'm closer to he center...at 25"

At 25 yards 4" left isn't bad - thats about where I first shot my kahrs & glocks. But I discovered if I changed my hand positions slightly, the groups moved around. So I borrowed some sandbags and shot from a rest: the sights were dead-on.

After 2 years of incremental improvement, my groups are now just about centered. But the longer I shoot, the more I tend to revert back to favoring left.

Dry-fire practice helps a lot - probably more than anything else. If you have a laser on your gun, concentrate on holding the light steady while manipulating the trigger faster and faster. With live fire, I also like to randomly throw in a snap cap every few magazines too - it'll keep you honest if you start to develop a flinch.

One final thing: if you're like me and spend most of your day at a keyboard, you might consider building up your grip & wrist strength (today's adults average 30% less grip strength than in 1985). When you're on the phone or something, grab a hand grip strengthener or pick up a small barbell and roll your wrists around.

Anyway, I prefer shooter training as the more robust answer, but if you're not able (or don't have any desire) to shoot often, adjusting the sights will do the trick for your pistol in your hands...

If I aim at the lower right i'm closer to he center...at 25"
    If your 4" off at 25" it's you but 4" off at 25 yards you should consider a sponsor and hit the competition circuit.

OK, OK.....4" off at 25 FEET...25 yards.....what target....