Tommy Gun   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aguila 117gr JHP in the CM9...Nice shooting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Aguila 117gr JHP in the CM9...Nice shooting

I have had my CM9 for about 5 years now and, after some tweaking of the magazines, it shoots most ammo reliably. Usually at the range I would shoot WWB or Federal 115gr FMJ and for carry I would load Federal 124gr HST. These all run fine but in a small pistol like the CM9, recoil can be sharper.

However, I came across a few boxes of Aguila 117gr JHP that a LGS was getting rid of and they weren't re-stocking. I thought 117gr, well that is odd but it was cheap (cannot remember now what the cost was) but I thought, "What the heck?"

Well, that stuff is just about the most accurate ammo in my CM9 that I shot and noticeably lower recoil. I wish I had kept my targets from my few times shooting it.

The problem is that Aguila 117gr JHP is rarer than hen's teeth at a gun store or even online. So I have been rationing my supply until I can find a place that has it or will ship to NY. Most places will ship to FFL but the LGS around me charge quite the fee to receive it.

Anyway, thought I would let folks know that if they see any of this Aguila 117gr JHP don't be afraid to give it a shot. <pun intended>

Good info, thanks.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Default Aguila 117gr 9mm shoots great in CM9

I know this is resurrecting an old thread (and one I started to boot) but I am so impressed with this ammo I wanted to share again.
    I hit the range after work today with my CM9. I wasn't really planning on a major practice session, just review of the basics: draw from concealment, work on the press-out, sight alignment and trigger press. I was using some WWB 124gr FMJ and getting really frustrated with my results. I was shooting at just 5 yards at 2 inch circles on a target from pistol-training.com.
    After a couple pages with poor results, I decided to shoot my carry ammo magazine, the one I had in the pistol when I arrived at the range but ejected to use the WWB.
    As noted at the beginning of the thread it was hard to find any sold near me in NY but recently a Gander reopened (now Gander Outdoors) and lo-and-behold they carry it.
    The pic is of my last sheet. I shot 7 rounds (one mag) at each circle (except #4, don't ask me why) from five yards. Circles #1,2,3,6 were the WWB 124 gr FMJ while circle #5 was the Aguila 117gr JHP. I still don't believe the difference between results of the two ammos or understand why Aguila shoots so much better through my CM9. For now it remains my carry ammo.

CM9_Aguila117.jpg

That is a big difference. I’ll have to look for some of that. Thanks for the post.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

"rarer than hens teeth"...………………………...Vizards……...Outdoorlimited……. ..Ammofast………….Bulk Ammo...……….Tombstone Tactical...……...Academy...………..Cheaperthandirt………… …...MGW.

Quote Originally Posted by berettabone View Post
    "rarer than hens teeth"...………………………...Vizards……...Outdoorlimited……. ..Ammofast………….Bulk Ammo...……….Tombstone Tactical...……...Academy...………..Cheaperthandirt………… …...MGW.
    I know it's available online but most won't ship to a NY state residence, only to an FFL. And the FFL/LGS around me charge a handling fee for receiving ammo bought online which, along with shipping charges and taxes (yes, greedy NY state wants to collect taxes on everything it can) negates any savings I might have made. Outdoorlimited is one I have not seen before but again their shipping and taxes make it almost not worth the hassle.
    If it weren't for our elderly parents, my wife and I would have left NY.

Well...if you ever travel to NC, Outdoor Limited is Near High Point NC, off of I-85 maybe 20 minutes. Stop by and load up. You would have to pay NC sales tax (6-8% not sure, I think 6%), but no shipping.
    NRA Benefactor

One of the stores around me stocks a lot of Aguila ammo, in many calibers. Just this morning I ran a box of their 71 grain FMJ through my Beretta 81BB, and 24 rounds of their 230 grain FMJ through my CW45. I have quite a few round of their .223 Remington as well, and a few hundred rounds of their JHP & FMJ in 9mm.

It's good stuff.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life.