Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Very happy with my P380

Default Very happy with my P380

Purchased a P380 awhile back and wanted to share with others some additions and details that may help. Serial shows mfr date of 2004 and it appears I'm the 2nd owner.

Cleaned, Lubed, added Lakeline Striker and Guide Rod (quality workmanship and ships fast!), MagGuts.

Noticed slide had some engraving and attached image shows what was done by one of the pro shops to it:
    *I'm not a gunsmith so some of the lingo is foreign to me, but looking at the total makes me even happier to have picked it up cheap!

Does it look different than other P380s?

That looks like it might have done by Cylinder & Slide in Freemont, NE. Here's a similar "Carry Package".

https://cylinder-slide.com/Item/915

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

Sounds like your set! My p380 goes with me everywhere.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by Cokeman View Post
    Does it look different than other P380s?
    Yes it does, biggest visual outer changes noticeable are the engraving and stippling. I believe there are some pics of it in my holster recommendation post.

Installed Lakeline striker today and being barefoot has it's advantages... used both hands and a foot to remove back plate! :P

Correct markman... well done! Did you have them do some work for you also?

*Cylinder & Slide does nice work!

It would be nice to see them add these to the package:
    Lakeline - Striker, Guide Rod
    MagGuts
    Galloway - Stainless Striker Guide

*Personal preference - TruGlo TFX Pro sights

Correct markman... well done! Did you have them do some work for you also?
    No, but I’m familiar with their work thru other people. I always have heard that they do excellent work tho. I like to radius and adjust the extractor tension myself on my Kahrs.

I also have the Lakeland Striker & Magguts in my CW & CT380 and have thought about using the Galloway Striker Guides for both pistols. Maybe one day I’ll also get the Lakeland

Guide Rod for my CW380. I’d consider one for my CT380, but they don’t make them.
    Last edited by markman; 06-18-2018 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    No, but I’m familiar with their work thru other people. I always have heard that they do excellent work tho. I like to radius and adjust the extractor tension myself on my Kahrs.

I also have the Lakeland Striker & Magguts in my CW & CT380 and have thought about using the Galloway Striker Guides for both pistols. Maybe one day I’ll also get the Lakeland

Guide Rod for my CW380. I’d consider one for my CT380, but they don’t make them.
    Nice! There is always that possibility they may use the same guide rods and with several 380's you can easily check or perhaps even modify one to fit..

Knowing firearm came with all of the Cylinder & Slide mods is an added bonus. They did such a good job on the stippling that I would have thought it was factory.

Bravely stippled my PM45 yesterday (will add info on another thread when I have more time) with no practice and only watching a few videos and pleased with the way it came out. Kit was purchased from OT Defense. Met the owner at Shot Show several years ago and have to say, he has created an excellent product.

There is always that possibility they may use the same guide rods and with several 380's you can easily check or perhaps even modify one to fit..
    The CT guide rod is about a 1/2" longer than the P380 & the CW380.