Xssights   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters

Thread: Kershaw Rules

Cool Kershaw Rules

Just bought a $230 Benchmade auto knife (Benchmade 9101SBK Auto Stryker Automatic Knife Next Gen).
    And I really prefer and carry my much less expensive Kershaw FreeFall (3840).
    Full Disclosure:
    My Daughter bought me the Kershaw, but it's really outstanding

I travel for work ( alot). I've always wanted an automatic knife, but many states frown upon them, the non-free states even hate spring assisted.
    Because of that I carry a plan Jane Bench Made Contego. Toughest knife I've ever owned, bought it used off a money desperate electrician at one of the job sites, got it for about 1/3 of new.
    It is a bear to sharpen, due to the hardness of the steel, but holds an edge a long, long time. I cut everything with it.

A couple of weeks back, I flew home for a visit, left my knife in the car at the airport. While I was home, I carried a Kershaw Blur I got as a gift a few years ago. Some how it came open in my pocket, when I reached in to get my keys, nearly slice my thumb in half. One sharp knife!

I like them both, but prefer the Bench Made, I think it's because it's what I'm used too, and I'm almost an old fart.

-Ken
    NRA Benefactor