Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   Mitch Rosen

Thread: CM9 disassembly for cerakoting

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default CM9 disassembly for cerakoting

Hey guys,

I new to aftermarket coatings, and I'm looking to spice up my CM9 a little with some cerakote. Is there anything I should be aware of?

I've built a Glock from parts before, and I know the Glocks have a polymer channel liner that will melt in oven, does the Kahr have a similar liner? Will parts fit fine post-coating or should I send it in fully assembled and let the shop handle post-fitting?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    Hey guys,

I new to aftermarket coatings, and I'm looking to spice up my CM9 a little with some cerakote. Is there anything I should be aware of?

I've built a Glock from parts before, and I know the Glocks have a polymer channel liner that will melt in oven, does the Kahr have a similar liner? Will parts fit fine post-coating or should I send it in fully assembled and let the shop handle post-fitting?

Thanks.
    Your CM9's front sight (unless it's a night sight) and the striker spring guide rod are polymer. Removing the sight will destroy it, so it will have to be replaced. The guide rod is reusable.

With a spray on finish, I'd have some concern the about the fit of the slide back plate to the slide.
    The holes in the slide for the front sight might need some attention if the paint gets into them.

If painting the underside of the slide, watch the fit of:
    The striker block to the slide.
    The underside of the slide where it interfaces with the top of the barrel.
    The guide rod and barrel into their respective holes in the front of slide
    Also:
    The bottom of the central rail of the slide will probably benefit from some polishing post paint.
    The side rails might need some breaking in with the rails on the frame.

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Wife had her PM9 slide Cerakoted. The issues we had with that was finding out they weren't familiar on how to disassemble the firing system, so I had to do it. There was also a build up of product in the dove tail cuts that had to be filed out, then product reapplied
    Attached Images Attached Images