Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lakeline vs. Newer Style Kahr Followers

Default Lakeline vs. Newer Style Kahr Followers

After years of carrying a CM9, I finally made the jump to buy a Kahr CW9 Carbon Fiber. The one upgrade to both my CM9 and CW9 I am questioning are the Lakeline Followers. I have had the nose dive problems in my CM9, more so in the 7 round extended mag. I understand that Kahr has changed their followers (also my new CW9 has the newer improved style follower) to correct the issue, but at $20 a Follower are the Lakelines worth the price?

I think so if you want to make sure your pistol feeds properly every time....I haven't seen any new style Kahr followers but I have installed Lakeline followers in 2 different PM9 pistols and both feed any ammo I have run through them without any issues...Alfonse is making a very nice product that works as advertised and corrects the feed ramp interference/broken follower problem for good...I think they are well worth the asking price for sure.....

pictures?

jd

It's not gun control that we need, it's soul control!

I have wondered about the followers. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Lakeline products, but the factory followers in my CM9 or any other CM9 owner I shoot with have never failed. I have thought 20 bucks was a little high for a single follower for a problem that seems to be fairly rare..

This is true, a cure for a non existent problem (in some cases) would seem like a waste of money.
    But for those with issues or just wanting the assurance of reliability, they are a great option.

Also check out Lakelines website and read the story behind the company and the reasons for it's creation.
    Your not only buying quality products but making a contribution to a very good cause.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    This is true, a cure for a non existent problem (in some cases) would seem like a waste of money.
    But for those with issues or just wanting the assurance of reliability, they are a great option.

Also check out Lakelines website and read the story behind the company and the reasons for it's creation.
    Your not only buying quality products but making a contribution to a very good cause.
    Like I said...I am very pleased with Lakeline products I have purchased. For those needed the comfort the follower gives them...I have no problems with that. If I ever have a feed problem with the CM9 I will likely go to the Lakeline follower myself. As far as a good cause, I support many national, veteran and local social causes and honestly can not afford to just purchase to support a cause. Sorry if my post seemed to be bad mouthing Lakeline, because that is the farthest thing I want to do.

With any defensive carry pistol, I think any effective reliability upgrade is worth whatever it costs for this very important tool. I replaced mag parts for my three Kahrs and, from experience, I would do so again. The Lakeline follower is definitely an improvement over the mag followers that came with my pistols and those I bought subsequently. Perhaps Kahr has recently improved their followers, but I definitely know mine fed much better with Lakeline units and would opt for them again.
    I also like their +1 mag base which adds another round with relatively little increase in mag size. In my P9 and K9, I use both the followers and the +1 base.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_usn_ret View Post
    Like I said...I am very pleased with Lakeline products I have purchased. For those needed the comfort the follower gives them...I have no problems with that. If I ever have a feed problem with the CM9 I will likely go to the Lakeline follower myself. As far as a good cause, I support many national, veteran and local social causes and honestly can not afford to just purchase to support a cause. Sorry if my post seemed to be bad mouthing Lakeline, because that is the farthest thing I want to do.
    I read nothing bad at all in your post Mike. I only added the cause part because many probably don't know the roots of Lakeline.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks bawanna, yep I know the company and the area very well. I retired from the navy at NAS Oak Harbor, Wa. and spent a great deal of time at the beautiful Lake Chelan area. Always went to Leavenworth at Christmas time just to see the lights and get into the holiday spirit. This was prior to Lakeline however my son is a district mgr for a wine company out of Seattle, and he spends alot of time in the area, and is active in the support of Ridgeview Place.

I had a couple classmates stationed at Whidbey back in the late 70's.

We pass through Chelan and Leavenworth a few times a year going further east to fish.

Try as I may we never seem to link up with Alfonse for one reason or another. We did meet up one time over on my side at a gun show.
    In hindsight I should have drug him up to the house then so we could solve all the world problems. Hard to converse and drool on guns at a gun show at the same time.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan