Mitch Rosen   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PM9 Magazine Baseplate Alternative!

Have you fired it with that set-up?
    I have pearce grips, and they stink for pocket carry--prints.

I have the pearce grip baseplate lock. I wonder if that would work and save me $8. I want some of these.

http://www.kahrshop.com/cgi-bin/part...p?mod=19&asm=3

I sent my magazine in to some company in seattle for their hard black finish, and it is awesome. I think they charged $30 for two magazines. their finish is as duralbe as the kahr DLC finish.

I also wish kahr would offer a all black magazine for their DLC guns. I hated that matte stainless base plate. I did paint it but it just wore off fast but this finish is what a magazine should have on it. I cannot remember where I sent it to either, but a poster here did it first and stated where he had it done, so I just followed up on it.

mattmcg Guest

Pics? Contact name of the company?

It would be very interesting to see. Did it help soften the edges of the metal base plate at all?

Being that these mags drop free (or should), the base should really be a plastic of some type in my opinion. While I've seen the TP9 baseplate thread, I'm actually thinking of milling down a Pearce grip extension to see how it turns out.

I like what you did and my go that route instead of the Pearce extensions. Can you give us a pic of how it looks while holding the gun with mag inserted?
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

I-Y-G

http://designlinetx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post
    I sent my magazine in to some company in seattle for their hard black finish, and it is awesome. I think they charged $30 for two magazines. their finish is as duralbe as the kahr DLC finish.

I also wish kahr would offer a all black magazine for their DLC guns. I hated that matte stainless base plate. I did paint it but it just wore off fast but this finish is what a magazine should have on it. I cannot remember where I sent it to either, but a poster here did it first and stated where he had it done, so I just followed up on it.
    I still have that DLC-Like DIY Finish Kit, if you want to buy one. For you only $10 plus $8.95 shipping. That's 60% off the regular price
    Always ready to help a bud.
    Wynn
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Default question??

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    I still have that DLC-Like DIY Finish Kit, if you want to buy one. For you only $10 plus $8.95 shipping. That's 60% off the regular price
    Always ready to help a bud.
    Wynn
    would paying you $19 almost be like pi-sing in the wind

Kahr must of had a lot of requests for this, so they now sell the base plate and base plate lock together for $15 rather than $8.80 apiece, saves you a little money. It is listed on the Kahr shop site under Accessories -> Gun Maintenance -> Magazine Base Kits:

Polymer Magazine Base Kit (9 mm and .40 S&W)

-Sean

Quote Originally Posted by sean1997 View Post
    Kahr must of had a lot of requests for this, so they now sell the base plate and base plate lock together for $15 rather than $8.80 apiece, saves you a little money. It is listed on the Kahr shop site under Accessories -> Gun Maintenance -> Magazine Base Kits:

Polymer Magazine Base Kit (9 mm and .40 S&W)

-Sean
    Save a bit. Considering that you have to add $6 for S&H still a bit in the expensive side.

A Conceal Carry Handgun Must Meet a Minimum of Four Conditions:
    1) It must be utterly reliable.
    2) It should be compact enough to be carried concealed for long periods of time.
    3) It should have a very simple operating drill.
    4) It should fire a cartridge of sufficient power.

mattmcg Guest

Yeah, I emailed them about a replacement base plate and they replied with this exact link. Sounds like they are now recognizing compatibility and selling it for folks like us! Nice!

Now to remove the small lip on that plate.

Quote Originally Posted by jocko View Post

Was it Southridge Arms & Refinishing by any chance? I can't think of many refinishers in Seattle but I found this place. Sounds like they have some process where they can apply 20 or more different colors? Just trying solve the puzzle.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."