Xssights   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Black diamond P45 Range report, part 2

Default Black diamond P45 Range report, part 2

Although I was officially past the 200 round mark, I wanted to make sure my new P45 could reliably feed my carry rounds, which was the Winchester Ranger T series 230 grain hollowpoints. 50 rounds. I got one hundred percent reliability. No problem there. I shot about another 50 of CCI blazer brass, and the cheap aluminum cased CCI blazer. All 230 grain FMJ. All fed reliably. I had one 6 round magazine, and many 7 round magazine issues, of the slide not locking open on the last shot. Just once, near the end of the range session with the 6 rounder. The 7 round mag will lock open when an empty mag is in it, but many times, but not all, it failed to lock back on the last shot. I downloaded it with 6 rounds and it seem to function properly. One thing for sure, this gun is super accurate to point of aim. One string, one handed, at 15 yards on the first shot, it hit dead center in the bulls eye. Most of my groups were not nearly so good.

I need advice on getting use to using the double action trigger on a Kahr P45. On the bottom side of the first digit of my trigger finger was sore, I suspect from banging into the inner trigger guard, during recoil. Plus any comments on the magazine problems will help. My own guess on the magazines, is perhaps the stiff springs will just take longer to break in. What has been your Kahr 45 pistol magazines experiences too? Thanks.

My MK9 is deadly accurate & reliable. I had it, a Springfield EMP, and a Sig P238. I sold the EMP and the P238. I have never regretted that choice. The MK9 was the most accurate of the three plus more reliable.

The best suggestion is to practice as much as you can with your pistol and get accustomed to the Kahr trigger.

My Kahr mags have been fine but with many other new pistols, there has been a rash of bad mags.

Did the slide fail to lock back on any of the Ranger T stuff or just the Blazer stuff?
    If it's only the Blazer, your probably right about the springs and things will improve.

I broke my PM45 in on nothing but Blazer aluminum. 350 rounds out of the box, first range session. No issues.

I've not heard of many issues with the 7 rd mags on the 45's, used to be lots of issues with them in the 9's.

I agree that practice is what it takes to get used to the trigger. I find that I do better if I don't try to stage the trigger, just a nice pull through.
    You might try repositioning your trigger finger up higher if you can do so keeping the side to side about the same. Too much finger or not enough finger can mess with the windage some.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Stiff magazine springs?? I've been complaining for a while that they went to using the same 14-coil springs that they use on the 5 and 6-round mags in the 7-rounders. I think the 14-coil ones are way too weak for 7-round mags and put 18-coil ones from Wolff for 9/40 to make mine stiffer. I haven't heard anyone complain about weak springs... besides me. I had a lot of problems with mags and springs for Kahr .45 mags. The hardest thing I ever changed was the original 18-coill ones in the 7-round .e4 mags... LOTS of cussing!
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".