Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Newbie

Default Another Newbie

Hello, everyone. My first Kahr, a pre-owned CW380, should be in my hands by next week. I'm buying it from a long-time member at the Seecamp forum, and I think it's an exceptionally good deal. He bought it new 4-years-ago as a backup for his P380, did the break-in, sent it to Kahr for night sights, then put it in his safe where it's been ever since. There are several Kahr fans at the Seecamp forum, btw.

I became a huge fan of pocket carry about 5-years-ago, and the only small .380 I currently own is an RM380. The CW380 is a little smaller and lighter, and I'm hoping it will be slightly less obtrusive than the Remington. I carry my Seecamp .32 quite frequently, but feel a little better with a .380 in my pocket. There's virtually no violent crime where I live and frequent, but if I travel to a dicey area I carry a S&W Shield 9mm. If I have to go the hood for some reason, my Glock G22 will be with me.

Hi -

I own an RM380, formerly owned a CW380 and currently own a CT380. If you like the RM380 you should really like the CW380.

Both are soft shooters but the Kahr trigger is nicer. I put the Galloway hammer and trigger return springs my RM380 so the pull weight is about the same but the Kahr trigger is much shorter.

Good luck to you.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Hi -

I own an RM380, formerly owned a CW380 and currently own a CT380. If you like the RM380 you should really like the CW380.

Both are soft shooters but the Kahr trigger is nicer. I put the Galloway hammer and trigger return springs my RM380 so the pull weight is about the same but the Kahr trigger is much shorter.

Good luck to you.
    Thanks! I do like the RM380, although the sights are essentially useless. The Seecamp has no sights, of course, so it really doesn't bother me that much.

Welcome! While I no longer own a CW380, I can say I did enjoy it. Not sure about those Seecamps sights (hope to own one one day), but cant be too much more tiny than my Bauer .25 or AMC Backup .380 (single action). I love those little metal framed gems! Just gotta find the right deal on that Seecamp and I will jump on it. Welcome again and let us know how you like the CW380. I did a few tweaks to the one I had in order to get it to run well, so if it does not run reliable hit me up and I can tell you what you may want to try, if you’re up for it. : )

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Welcome! While I no longer own a CW380, I can say I did enjoy it. Not sure about those Seecamps sights (hope to own one one day), but cant be too much more tiny than my Bauer .25 or AMC Backup .380 (single action). I love those little metal framed gems! Just gotta find the right deal on that Seecamp and I will jump on it. Welcome again and let us know how you like the CW380. I did a few tweaks to the one I had in order to get it to run well, so if it does not run reliable hit me up and I can tell you what you may want to try, if you’re up for it. : )
    Thank you very much! The guy I'm buying the CW380 from says he had no malfunctions during the break-in period 3-years-ago, and he hasn't fired it since.

As a reminder, the Seecamp has no sights at all. At the distances it's designed for that's not really a big deal, and it doesn't take long to get used to it.

Thats great! Hope she runs really well for you. Yes, I looked up the Seecamp and zero sights, not even a “trench”. Both of mine (AMT and Bauer) are also intended for “belly” or “breath” shooting as well, but do have tiny or trench sights. I’ve shot both out to 15’ and (with careful aim) was surprised by the grouping on my 8” “shoot & see” targets. They are both single action though. For carry, I would pick a CW380 over either one any day though. I don’t like a thumb safety when I carry. Great for range guns though. Happy shooting!!!

Thats great! Hope she runs really well for you. Yes, I looked up the Seecamp and zero sights, not even a “trench”. Both of mine (AMT and Bauer) are also intended for “belly” or “breath” shooting as well, but do have tiny or trench sights. I’ve shot both out to 15’ and (with careful aim) was surprised by the grouping on my 8” “shoot & see” targets. They are both single action though. For carry, I would pick a CW380 over either one any day though. I don’t like a thumb safety when I carry. Great for range guns though. Happy shooting!!!
    I don't care for any kind of safety, including a grip safety, on any carry gun. I dunno...I guess I've been carrying Glocks too long and don't want to press my luck.
    Here's an entertaining video of a retired cop target shooting with a Seecamp .32...from 50 yards!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F25QwN1qqqI

Cool vid. Proof practice works wonders!

Cool vid. Proof practice works wonders!
    Here's a short, very funny video by the same guy with his Seecamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-yN1bqXW3o

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    Here's a short, very funny video by the same guy with his Seecamp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-yN1bqXW3o
    BwaHaHaHa! Shoulda seen that coming!!! Lol, thanks for sharing that one!