Tommy Gun   CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new

Thread: Remington R1

Default Remington R1

Was looking through the August/September issue of Handguns magazine and came across an ad for the new Remington R1 which looked pretty nice with fiber optic sights but otherwise nothing special from any other 1911 until I read the fine print....This is a double stack full size 1911 pistol in 9mm .40 S&W and .45 ....9mm = 19 + 1 .40 = 18 + 1 .45 = 16 + 1 I've got to see one of these bad boys.... I had a friend with a Para double stack 1911 .45 and that thing was sweet and felt great in the hand and shot great but I've never seen another one anywhere.....The Remington looks interesting and should be more available and priced better than the rare Para pistol....Has anyone seen a R1 double stack and if so, how does it feel and what are they going for.....

I was just purusing the auctions etc yesterday and noticed a ton of the Remington double stacks. Until yesterday I didn't know they had ventured into the double stack market.

I have full size Para and it does feel real good in hand especially being a double stack.

Remington apparently has a ton of new models out there. Guess I need to start paying closer attention.

I have a Remington R1 the basic GI model and I like it very much. My son has the R1 enhances with the beavertail and better sights etc.

Both great guns.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Remington bought Para a few years back, and their R1 widebodies are re-badged Paras. I have a single stack R1 Enhanced and it's pretty sweet. I've already replaced the front sight's fiber optic pipe, which wasn't that tough. It's a 0.060 fiber, available just about anywhere. Cut, heat, done.

**note. Remington didn't "buy" Para Ordinance directly, the holding company did and folded the assets, products and technology under the Remington umbrella. I should have been more specific.

I did not know that but it makes perfect sense. The pictures I saw sure looked like Para's to me.

Nobody tells me anything these days.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."