Crimsontrace   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meeting with a state senator at the range

Default Meeting with a state senator at the range

Recently I met one of our state senators (democrat) at the local grocery store and asked her if she would be willing to tour the municipal range (mostly patronized by her constituents) where I work. After the legislative session was over we agreed on a date and time.

We talked about a number of subjects like carry permits, gun safety classes, black rifles, and state gun laws, and most of all, school shootings, and she was surprised to learn that Michael Bloomberg is financing the Mom's demand action group, (among a dozen others), and it was they who were writing the anti gun bills and passing them into the hands or weak kneed legislators to see what they could slip through into law. I explained the perils of a "universal background check" and how it could effect even the simple loaning of a gun to a neighbor or relative.

Summed up, she was very receptive to having a group of us ready to consult with regarding gun legislation and the highlight of the evening was when I asked if she had ever shot a handgun. A quick No! from her. Would you consider giving it a try? I asked. A quick Yes! from her. I quickly got her in the hands of a female instructor and 45 minutes later she left with a good target, a selfie, and a huge smile. While walking her to her can I thanked her for her objectivity and she said "are you serious, you are a republican" when I handed her a check for her upcoming campaign.
    Little did she know I had stocked all twelve lanes of our indoor range with men, women and children of all ages. "are you always this busy? she asked? "No, but usually there is a forty five minute wait in the months just preceding an election ", I responded.

They may be democrats but not all of them are unwilling to learn.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Good for you. That’s a good ending.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Bravo! Great work.

Good work! Sounds like you started The Awakening in her, and I'll bet she'll switch parties soon.

Very nice work. Would you consider a trip to California? Second thought, never mind, it’d be an exercise in futulity. None the less, bravo for your efforts.

Nice work there!

Outstanding!!

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

If it was a senator from California they would of probably did the same, but a week or so later you'd be newspaper headlines showing the evil guns threatening the entire town with their children. Gotta watch them, they WILL turn the tides on you and a "feel good" event into a nightmare.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Quote Originally Posted by XD40SC View Post
    Very nice work. Would you consider a trip to California? Second thought, never mind, it’d be an exercise in futulity. None the less, bravo for your efforts.
    God will take care of California. Get out while you can.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Default Locked and Loaded.....

The director of the Southern California Earthquake Center, Thomas Jordan, made an announcement recently that would have sent a chill down the spine of every Californian: that the San Andreas fault appears to be in a critical state and as such, could generate a large earthquake imminently. Of course, the reiteration of the seismic hazard to Californians will be nothing surprising, but what is new is the warning that the southern portion of the fault “looks like it’s locked, loaded and ready to go”.
    Why is this eminent seismologist making these alarming statements? Well, the fact is that there has not been a major release of stresses in the southern portion of the San Andreas fault system since 1857. In simple terms, the San Andreas is one of many fault systems roughly marking the border between the Pacific and North American tectonic plates. Both plates are moving in an approximately northerly direction but the Pacific plate is moving faster than its North American counterpart, meaning that stresses between the plates are constantly building up.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!