Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Xssights
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fiber optic sights?

Default fiber optic sights?

How durable are they?they look like you would have to be realy careful with them.I'm talking about the front sight only.

Too fragile for a carry piece - imho.

Never really got too much of a boost there either... except an orange dot in bright light, and a less than stellar picture as things got less than bright.

Quote Originally Posted by CJB View Post
    Too fragile for a carry piece - imho.

Never really got too much of a boost there either... except an orange dot in bright light, and a less than stellar picture as things got less than bright.
    I have to disagree. We've had them for years on 2 K9s & 2 PM9s and any 2 of them are carried daily. and shot 3X per week. We found the green rods are more friendly to the eyes.

I've had them (front and rear) for years on my .50 caliber black powder rifle and have never had an issue. My hunting load is a 240 grain PA Conical over 100 grains of black powder which results in a bit of recoil.
    "I hate quotations. Tell me what you know."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love them. I’ve never had another sight “catch my eye” so quickly. I’ve had big dots, tritium with halo, “hi viz” (hot pink/fluorescent green paint) sights, etc. For me at least, when it comes to my range guns at least, they are my favorite.
    On a negative note, my buddy has had them either break or fall out of his Taurus Judge (poly) multiple times. I finally learned him how to stick new “pipes” in. That being said, he is a clumsy type. I’ve seen him drop/break more cell phones than you can i,agine. My point is, they may be great for carry, so long as you are not like him.

FDBFF352-2BCA-462D-9AFC-21C3E7F754F8.jpg

Hi,

OK, I'll reply to this seven year old necro-thread too only because I just installed a fiber optic sight on Mrs. BassCliff's CW9. To see the thread click HERE. It's the Dawson sight designed for the CW series that I bought directly from Kahr. The CWs don't use a dovetail front sight, you know. This fiber optic sight is metal as opposed to the stock plastic sight. We'll just have to see how "breakable" the fiber is but I've got extra. It looks great. I will let you know how it works once we get to the range. Maybe Mrs. BassCliff will let me shoot it if I ask here really nice like.

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Checked out your thread... Nice! Thanks for the walk through. I’m sure Mrs is happy with the new sight picture. Take care!

This was helpful. Fiber optic sights work well for me. Thanks

Definitely not for carry gun. Ahlman's gun shop does not recommend them. They replace tons of them due to being to fragile.

https://www.ahlmans.com/handgun-work.html
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!