Kahr Shop   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lehigh defense 380 reliable for my pistol?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Lehigh defense 380 reliable for my pistol?

I have exceptionally good reviews about the Lehigh Extreme Defense round in a P/Cw 380 size pistol. I did see one review where it mentioned that the bullet may catch the top of the chamber when cycling and jam the pistol.

Has anyone actually shot this round in their Kahr 380 and if so, what was their experience ?

The Underwood loading of this bullet is what I carry in my Kahr 380s.

I've shot several boxes through my two CW380s, and my P380 - never a problem with any of them.

https://www.underwoodammo.com/collec...=7865927794745

thank you

I also carry the Underwood in my p380. The +p is quite a hot load. I’ve chosen to carry the non +p which is a little hot itself.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

I appreciate you information.

I’ve run the Lehigh version of both the Xtreme Defense and Xtreme Penetrator through my CT380 successfully and they are my carry ammo. I’ve run about 40 to 50 rounds through.

I have noticed that the bullet and the case gets a bit scraped up from chambering the round. If you repeatedly chamber and eject a round, after a half dozen times that round will no longer feed. I discovered this as I had been regularly unloading the firearm to dry fire and then re-chambering the same round.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

I ordered a few boxes of the Black Hills Xtreme Defense from Brownells (good price and a 15% coupon). Even though it uses the Lehigh Xtreme Defense bullet, the bullet is different that what I received when I recently ordered some of the Lehigh cartridges direct from Lehigh. Picture is below (Black Hills at top, Lehigh at bottom). The Lehigh cartridge runs fine in my CT380 and I'm able to hand cycle the Black Hills cartridge. I hope to range test it soon.

Default Lehigh defense 380 reliable for my pistol?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    I ordered a few boxes of the Black Hills Xtreme Defense from Brownells (good price and a 15% coupon). Even though it uses the Lehigh Xtreme Defense bullet, the bullet is different that what I received when I recently ordered some of the Lehigh cartridges direct from Lehigh. Picture is below (Black Hills at top, Lehigh at bottom). The Lehigh cartridge runs fine in my CT380 and I'm able to hand cycle the Black Hills cartridge. I hope to range test it soon.

I ran 20 rounds of the Black Hills through my CT380 with one failure to feed. The round hung up on the feed ramp and jammed the gun.

Since the Lehigh version has been perfect for me I’m going to stick with that for now.

Now if you pick up a box of the Xtreme Penetrators, you'll have every size phillips bit covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    Now if you pick up a box of the Xtreme Penetrators, you'll have every size phillips bit covered.
    I have their Penetrator rounds also and interestingly enough, the bullet shape has also changed on those.

The original ones are on top in the picture below and newer ones on the bottom. The original cycles fine through my LCP and RM380 but will not chamber in my CT380. The newer ones run fine in all three.

Last edited by DavidR; 07-10-2018 at 07:07 PM.