CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Xssights

Thread: Used K9 With "Custom Matte Hard Chrome" finish...a god deal at $425?

Default Used K9 With "Custom Matte Hard Chrome" finish...a god deal at $425?

Hello folks,

I just saw on-line a used Kahr K9 with "custom matte chrome" finish on sale for $425. Is this a good deal? I assume it is unless there is something about matte hard chrome that I'm not aware of. I don't as of yet know the age/serial number of this handgun. It is advertised as in excellent condition and appears nice cosmetically based on the pics posted by the seller. I will call to get more info soon but was curious as to this forum members' experiences / opinions on this.

Thank you in advance for your responses.

Dave

K9 is a pretty solid little gun, kind of the flagship of Kahr. Not seeing or knowing anything about it that sounds like a pretty decent price.

I don't know much about chrome finishes but I don't imagine it hurts anything, just a matter of if the look pleases you.

I suspect I would like the look as I prefer stainless over blued in most cases.

Just my own thoughts, hopefully someone wiser than I will be along with some good info.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

At $425 I could expect owing an explanation to the wife because I’d probably get it, especially if I could see it looked good.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

I spoke with Kahr technical support and was told that this gun was made in August 1995. Anything I should be concerned about re purchasing this gun?

Thanks again,

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by acroreef View Post
    I spoke with Kahr technical support and was told that this gun was made in August 1995. Anything I should be concerned about re purchasing this gun?

Thanks again,

Dave
    That's early enough production that some replacement parts might not be available. For sure, the trigger bar and trigger bar spring used in some early K9's are different from what is used in more current production guns. The ejector might be different as well, but I'm not sure about this.
    Kahr used to offer a service that modified the frame to allow use of the current trigger bar and spring, but I don't know if that is still available. The old style trigger bar seems to be quite durable, so it may never be an issue. The current trigger bar spring can be bent to function with the old bar.
    Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

That was the year of their introduction, I believe. A friend of mine has one also made in '95. it has a trigger travel of 1/8 inch more than newer models. It may not seem like much but it is a very noticeable difference.

Thanks again for the informed responses. I've decided not to purchase this gun because of the potential problems down the road of obtaining parts for such an early model.