Tommy Gun Shop   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: On The Road Again.....

It was a bit to early to give it to him. His birthday isn't 'till August 13th. Left the M1 Carbine with sister to hang onto until then. She hid it under their bed. He won't look there 'cause he's afraid of the monsters.
    NRA Benefactor

Well, after he receives it I hope he doesn't try to use it on said monsters. Your sister may get annoyed if he does.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

I went to a family reunion in Pa (close to Uniontown) about 10 years ago. First time I had been to one since 1968. 20 years in the navy, most all of it on the west coast in Washington state or California, I lost track of everyone....did not know most of the people and the ones I did know did not talk to me anyhow. Never again.

My BIL/cousin and sister have been hosting family reunions annually for the past 30 years. They have an ideal location for it...18 acres, eight of those in lawn, on a hilltop in Marysville, PA. Just north of Harrisburg overlooking, almost, the Susquehanna river and a good size ranch house with an enclosed in house swimming pool. I used to get there only every other year or so 'cause of work but as I ramped down and then retired I've been able to make it to them regularly for about the past 10 years. It's been a great way to keep in touch, watch the extended family age, see the kids grow up, and remember the past generation. Especially for me/us as we're geographically isolated from all. This year I had my grand daughters and great grand daughters there. They, at least, were happy to see me.
    NRA Benefactor

Well heck, that last part would make the whole cross country trip worth it!

And it sounds like a beautiful place to hold a reunion. Good on your sister & BIL/cousin for hosting the event.
    A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition
    -Rudyard Kipling

Off on another adventure to Maine come beginning of next week. Got a note from our B&B/Inn folk saying they can't wait to see us. And it weren't no form message/reminder neither. I think there's something wrong with them people. Get to stop by sister and BIL/cousin's place on the way back for a few days. They're always happy to see me also. Joe pretty much stays that way, but with my sister that never lasts past the next morning, after when she gets sobered up. Given I don't end up as roadkill in Missouri, CT, Mass, or some such, I'll see ya'll come early October after I gets back.
    NRA Benefactor

For the record Itxi, I'd always be happy to see ya. I'm in the wrong direction but the thoughts there.

Also this ain't no form post neither, right from the pancreas, that's guts for medical term challenged folks. Wait, is guts a good thing.

Maybe it's heart, yeah the pump, right from the pump.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Well, sounds like you will have to traverse some dangerous territory. Keep your powder dry.
    It's a good time to head up that way, not too cold, and you might see the start of the leaf turning.

-Ken
    NRA Benefactor

Yeah, we do late May and mid-September annually. Would love to get up there Christmas seasons as well but winter cross country road tripping just be too pita unpredictable.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    For the record Itxi, I'd always be happy to see ya. I'm in the wrong direction but the thoughts there.

Also this ain't no form post neither, right from the pancreas, that's guts for medical term challenged folks. Wait, is guts a good thing.

Maybe it's heart, yeah the pump, right from the pump.
    Thanks, Col. Guts is a good thing long as they stays inside da body and one is be able keep the cancer in check.
    NRA Benefactor