Tommy Gun   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Magnum Research new

Thread: underwood Penetrator vs defender in cw or p380

Default underwood Penetrator vs defender in cw or p380

Now that these rounds have been out for a while what is the round of choice for those that carry them? The defender looked to have a profile that would cycle easier, but I've heard that the penetrators are sporting a different profile to aid in cycling.

The penetrators came out first and had feed problems in some pistols, the Kahr 380 among them. There was also some concern about over penetration. Leheigh designed something that would feed better and penetrate less. The Extereme Defender is the result of that effort. They both feed ok in my p380. I chose to carry the defender.
    Kahr P380 x2
    Kahr K9
    Kahr CM45
    Sig P938
    Sig P365 x2
    Sig P322
    1911 Range Officer 9mm
    M&P 9mm

The nose of the Penetrator has indeed been revised (see pic with old on top and new on bottom). The old nose does not cycle in my CT380 but the new nose is fine.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    The nose of the Penetrator has indeed been revised (see pic with old on top and new on bottom). The old nose does not cycle in my CT380 but the new nose is fine.

That's an extremely helpful picture! Thank you. I like the idea of the penetrators better than the defender for 380, but was wanting to hear some advice and experiences before I ordered some.