As I posted earlier, I bought a P9 from Grab A Gun last month. One of my initial observations was that the barrel is a very tight fit in the slide. What I mean by that is that the barrel is difficult to get in or out of the slide, much more difficult than any of other Kahr pistols I've owned over the years (2 CM9, 1 CW380, 1 CT380, 1 CW9).

The first range trip was perfect with 120 rounds and no issues. I've had an issue arise in both my 2nd and 3rd trips to the range. The barrel will become "locked up" in the slide which prevents the slide from being able to retract all the way. Being unable to retract all the way results in the next round not chambering and I am unable to manually lock the slide back. The fix is to field strip and work the barrel loose by wiggling and tapping on it.

For example, at today's range trip I fired 35 rounds of 124 grain FMJ with no issues. I then loaded a mag of Double Tap 147 grain plus P hard cast. The pistol locked up after firing the first round. I was able to clear it, field strip and work the barrel loose. Put it all back together and fired another 40 rounds of the FMJ with no issues.

I now have 245 rounds through it. I plan to put another 75 rounds through it (50 FMJ and 25 Speer Gold Dot) to see how it does. If it continues to act up should I consider polishing the inside of the slide before contacting Kahr? Anything else I should think about?