Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun

Thread: P9 break in

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How does it feel when you rack the slide without any ammo or mag in the gun? Is there resistance coming back, going forward or both?

Quote Originally Posted by lantern View Post
    How does it feel when you rack the slide without any ammo or mag in the gun? Is there resistance coming back, going forward or both?
    After the range trip when I first experienced the problem it felt like there was a little hitch when retracting the slide all the way back. The hitch was right before the slide was fully retracted.

I have not cleaned the pistol after the 75 rounds I fired today and there is no hitch or resistance at all when manually racking the slide.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    After the range trip when I first experienced the problem it felt like there was a little hitch when retracting the slide all the way back. The hitch was right before the slide was fully retracted.

I have not cleaned the pistol after the 75 rounds I fired today and there is no hitch or resistance at all when manually racking the slide.
    I'd definitely send it in if you're not worried about it being gone for a bit, but I'd call them and explain what's going on and if you need to send certain instructions inside the box to avoid the "pew pew...yep it works" send back.

If you have a local gunsmith that's a good option. I am not a fan of trying to fix a major problem myself before sending it in.

Quote Originally Posted by lantern View Post
    I'd definitely send it in if you're not worried about it being gone for a bit, but I'd call them and explain what's going on and if you need to send certain instructions inside the box to avoid the "pew pew...yep it works" send back.

If you have a local gunsmith that's a good option. I am not a fan of trying to fix a major problem myself before sending it in.
    I’m going to shoot it one more time. It’s possible that the last 40 rounds I fired after it locked up finished the “break in”.

I field stripped and cleaned the gun after my last post and the barrel is no longer tight. It slides in and out very easily and racking the slide is super smooth. Before the last range trip I had also noticed some sharp edges on the muzzle end of the slide where the barrel fits in. Those are gone and it is now smooth. I’m thinking that may have been the problem. I’ll report back after firing it again.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

If this is true then you may have a VERY VERY accurate pistol on your hands. Similar to the Les Baer 1911s. They are extremely tight when you get them till you break them in.