Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Larry Seecamp

Default Larry Seecamp

For those who haven't heard, Lueder (Larry) Seecamp reportedly passed away yesterday (Monday). Along with his father Ludwig, Larry began producing Seecamp pistols in 1981, and the company was sold to Whalley Precision in 2014. Whalley still produces Seecamp pistols today, of course.

In addition to being a master designer and gunsmith, Larry was a very kind, caring and generous man. He was known for adjusting or repairing any Seecamp pistol that was returned to him for any reason...no questions asked.

I happen to own a Seecamp LWS32 that was produced in 2013, and it's the one gun I own that I'll never part with.

RIP, Larry.

I am sad to hear this! Prayers out for Larry, his family, and friends!
    "Do as I say not as I do"
    "You can't fix stupid"
    "Do what you want, 'cause you will any way"

Stay Safe

Sad news indeed. A good man by any measure.

He was known for adjusting or repairing any Seecamp pistol that was returned to him for any reason...no questions asked.

Yes. When my 1986, (a very early LWS32) had a problem in 2008 the pistol was completely reworked and made as new. He even sent back a new magazine to replace the original one. Truly a man that stood behind his product. A loss for the entire gun world. He had no family but many, many friends.
    Last edited by ripley16; 07-17-2018 at 07:47 PM.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

I've never owned a Seecamp nor knew the man but he was truly an innovator in this business. Prayers sent to his family and friends.