Tommy Gun   Xssights   Crimsontrace   Kahr Shop

Thread: MK9 and PM9 holster fit in kydex

Default MK9 and PM9 holster fit in kydex

I have a new MK9 that I am trying to find IWB holsters and many holster makers have PM9 listed and not MK9 . There seems to be some overlap in fitting. In leather it seems, not to make a difference; but I know they are different enough. Any suggestions will be helpful.

The MK9 is slightly slimmer at the dust cover than the PM/CM9.

My MK fits all the kydex holsters I have for the PM/CM9.

The PM/CM9 do NOT fit the Mitch Rosen OWB leather holster I bought that was specifically made for the MK9. It's some really stiff leather - about as stiff as kydex.

I think you'll be fine with anything kydex made for the PM/CM9 for your MK9. The retention is primarily at the trigger guard, and they're all close there. Something molded specifically for the MK probably wouldn't fit the PM/CM due to the slightly wider dust cover of the polymer models. YMMV.

Hope this helps...

[QUOTE=Ed M;399986]The MK9 is slightly slimmer at the dust cover than the PM/CM9.

My MK fits all the kydex holsters I have for the PM/CM9.

The PM/CM9 do NOT fit the Mitch Rosen OWB leather holster I bought that was specifically made for the MK9. It's some really stiff leather - about as stiff as kydex.

I think you'll be fine with anything kydex made for the PM/CM9 for your MK9. The retention is primarily at the trigger guard, and they're all close there. Something molded specifically for the MK probably wouldn't fit the PM/CM due to the slightly wider dust cover of the polymer models. YMMV.

Hope this helps...[/QUOTE
    Thanks for responding. I am very late in response because I got sidetracked and forgot I even posted this.
    I did get a nice iwb holster from Cooks Holsters in kydex. The fit is very good. I ordered wood grips so it may not fit so I ordered a Mitch Rosen from Kahr .
    S