Tommy Gun Shop   Magnum Research new   Mitch Rosen   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CM9 vs. PM9 vs MK9

Quote Originally Posted by Ed M View Post
    After reading da 'bone's post about wearing suspenders, I dug out a pair of Perry suspenders from the closet.

I usually wear these to ensure my britches don't fall down under my fishing chest waders, and they work great for that.

Figured I'd try 'em with my cargo shorts with just a t-shirt covering them. Instead of cranking my belt down to hold my shorts up, I left it just snug.

Well whatya know - that works really well! After I got used to the feel of the suspenders against bare skin, it was totally comfortable.

Add this to the list of things I've learned on this forum. Thanks berettabone!
    I've heard...."suspenders make you look old", or, "they make you look like a farmer." I've been called worse and I am old, so they work fine for me. I also have a set of Perry's. They work well for carrying heavier firearms. I don't use them under, they are out in the open.

To answer the question is the PM better than the CM.
    I went with the PM because of the better sights extra mag, and finish. The polygonal rifling is extremely easy to clean but not a deal breaker for me. Over all, If you can find a used PM usually can be bought very reasonably.

On to the Glock vs. PM/CM. I will go you one better. I have a Sig P365 that is not all that much larger than my PM9 plus it carries 11 rounds and shoots like a dream. So good in fact I bought another one which is something I have never done in my well over 50 years of shooting.

That said, The P365 is just that much larger than the PM9 that pocket carry in dress pants really won't work all that well. It is heavier and just enough bulkier to print or draw from in thin wool dress pants. In my opinion, an once for two here and there does make a big difference in ones pocket and the PM9 in a good pocket holster will always be my go to semi for pocket carry. I am not here to sell you on the Sig over the Kahr, but if I am with my family I believe lot and more ammo in the gun always trumps a single stack. Out for dinner? I pocket the smaller and lighter PM9 and have been known to throw an extra mag in my back pocket.

As for the Glock? it looks and feels like a brick compared to the Sig or Kahr.

Last edited by 340pd; 07-20-2018 at 12:20 PM.
    "Never pet a burning dog"

Thanks to all...

I will now contemplate the PM9, CM9 AND the Sig 365.

I bought a PM9 used, but at new prices I would get the CM. I have CW380 that sees equal to the PM9 in quality. You don't get any better practical accuracy or performance for your money with the PM. Haven't touched the 365 but I feel it comes down to size and weight you want t carry.

My MK9 is an OWB carry gun. PM9 works for me well for IWB. I don't own a CM9....bought my PM9 well before the CM9 existed. Also own a G27. Never considered it for IWB...too bulky.
    NRA Benefactor

I have a MK9 and I do not pocket carry with it. When I do carry it OWB and it is not a burden. i usually carry my CW9 and pocket carry my P380.

If you get a CM9 and a CW380, it'll cover pretty much any possible choice of clothing for about the cost of a PM9 or MK9. This would be my recommendation for pocket carry.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I did for pocket carry, and the combination works very well for me. CW380 in regular pants and jeans, and the CM9 in cargo shorts.

I had both a PM9 and MK9 Elite. I ended up selling the MK9 because it just didn’t seem to have a distinct mission, and I’m not a fan of safe queens. The PM9 is, for me, the perfect 9mm pocket carry. The MK9 was too heavy for pocket carry, and if I’m carrying IWB it’s a CZ 2075 RAMI, which for me conceals very well and carries 10 +1 rounds. That said, it took me a long time to decide to sell the MK9 because it was so darn beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by OldBoldPilot View Post
    I had both a PM9 and MK9 Elite. I ended up selling the MK9 because it just didn’t seem to have a distinct mission, and I’m not a fan of safe queens. The PM9 is, for me, the perfect 9mm pocket carry. The MK9 was too heavy for pocket carry, and if I’m carrying IWB it’s a CZ 2075 RAMI, which for me conceals very well and carries 10 +1 rounds. That said, it took me a long time to decide to sell the MK9 because it was so darn beautiful.
    Well understand your thinking wrt the MK9. Have the same issue. I never carry it IWB. That duty falls to my PM9. Seldom carry it OWB, that, if Kahr, normally falls to my K9. It does, however, serve quite well as a stationary (desk drawer/console/night stand/etc) gun.
    NRA Benefactor

Here is a tip for you guys that wear suspenders and want to holster carry a gun. I wear suspenders and weigh in at 195 lbs. When I am dressed with any type of clothes with suspenders I have a Clinger holster (IWB & OWB combo) and I belt up the holster on a 1 1/2 inch gun belt and just wrap it around my waist outside of the pants and suspenders. Then I wear a untucked shirt. The gun and holster disappear under the shirt. That allows me to wear any of my small guns belted, not in the pocket. To draw all I have to do is lift my shirt and draw. It's very quick and the gun can not be seen with the clinger holster. The holster is set for IWB and is outside my pants and suspenders. This holster makes the gun fit very close to my body and it does not flop around. Very comfortable to wear all day that way and My pants don't fall down either.