Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop

Thread: Elite Info needed.

Default Elite Info needed.

Glad to be a new member. I owned 3 kahr pistols back around 2003-2008 which I regrettably sold off when times went bad. One of them was a stainless mk40 elite 03, secondly was a model that I cant remember the specific model number. The best description I can give is it had a full size slide and a mk frame in .40s&w. My father still has that pistol I believe in the factory grey box. The last one I had was by far my favorite but in all of these years it has been a pistol I never found for sale anywhere. It was a mk9 elite 98 and it had the most magnificent black or blued finish on it which i always assumed as factory. It was NOT a matte or parkerised finish. It resembled the finish on older smith or colt revolvers in my opinion. Not 100% for sure but I think the plastic box to it was black as well and a factory box. Smaller than the grey ones the other two had. Just curious if anyone knows of this specific pistol or one like it or any info if they were produced from the factory or if it was a gun someone had blued or finished. Thanks in advance for any info.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

The second pistol sounds like the covert model. As far as I recall; all elites were polished stainless steel.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    The second pistol sounds like the covert model. As far as I recall; all elites were polished stainless steel.
    Thank you sir. I appreciate it. As far as the covert goes are they common or a harder to find model? Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by toddray4168 View Post
    As far as the covert goes are they common or a harder to find model? Thanks for the help.

Covert models are somewhat rare. I've never personally seen one in the flesh. Owners of polymer Kahrs make their own by simply cutting the grip, but metal coverts are factory made obviously and not in large numbers.

Kahr recently added certain coatings and colors on select models, but none would be confused with traditional bluing. Older Kahrs came stainless or black, (various finishes) and a sort of "rose" color.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.