CrossBreed Holsters   Mitch Rosen   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM40 at a bargain.

Default PM40 at a bargain.

I just ordered a PM40 with factory night sights from a well-known online retailer that happens to have a store in my home state. The “make an offer” price took it down to $337, which I thought was a bargain for a full feature gun. The main reason I bought it was as a backup to my normal pocket carry gun, which is a PM9 with a CT laser. I’m going to harvest the factory night sights and put them on my 9mm gun then keep the 40 as a spare in case I should ever be unable to get decent factory 9mm defensive ammo.

I’m a handloader but I strongly prefer to carry factory ammo in a SD gun. I think I have plenty on hand, but the banic of 2013 taught me that I should be prepared in case there’s a prolonged ammo shortage in stores. I did the same thing once I settled on my winter IWB gun. I bought an identical gun in both 9mm and 40 so I should be set. If they made it in 45 I would have bought one of those as well.

$337 for a non-C model Kahr with tritium sights is quite low IMO. I guess this shows how much the 40 has fallen out of favor in comparison to 9mm in the past few years. I doubt you could find the same deal on a PM9 anywhere.

wow -- will they honor that price? If so, great deal!

Seems like anything in .40 these days is easy on the wallet. Many LGS stopped taking them in as trades.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    wow -- will they honor that price? If so, great deal!
    Absolutely they will. The “best offer” feature is all automated, and it usually only saves you a few bucks anyway. The listed price was only $344.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkins45 View Post
    Absolutely they will. The “best offer” feature is all automated, and it usually only saves you a few bucks anyway. The listed price was only $344.
    I almost wish I never heard about this. I've been toying with the idea of a Kahr in 40 for a while....

Love my PM40, packs a better punch if you really need it. The PM9 is more accurate, for me. nice to have choices!

Excellent deal.

I picked it up last week and have shot around 150 rounds thru it. It came with two 6-round and one 7-round mags. The 7 won’t lock the slide back, but otherwise it shoots perfectly.

You got a better deal than I did but I'm quite happy with mine. I just picked up a PM40 for $350. For a single-stack .40 with polygonal rifling and Trijicon tritium night sights with 3 magazines (two 5-round and one 6-round), I thought it was a pretty good deal. After I got to the range today and put the first 300 rounds through it without a single malfunction, I'm sure of it. I used 200 rounds of 180gr FMJ followed by 100 of 180gr JHP. I have a new BUG. I picked up a Talon grip (the rubberized version) for it but haven't put it on yet. I have one on my EDC (XDm 40) and like it a lot. Anyway, congratulations on your excellent purchase. I am now also a new Kahr owner.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ROB94045; 09-18-2018 at 07:06 PM.

• Kahr Arms PM40 Std DAO 40S&W 3.1" 6+1 Poly Grip Black Poly Frame/SS Slide

$272 at Impact guns cheapest I have seen

:33: