Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Tommy Gun Shop   Mitch Rosen
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Liberal 9th Circuit backs right to carry firearms in public

Very good points made here by all as to why open carry is not a good idea. While I’ve considered some of these points (mainly not making myself a target for bad guys or liberals and their “swatting”), I still want to do it once. Not in a city area, but maybe while out on a trail. Again, here that is already legal, so I could have done so, but just have not had the courage as I don’t want to freak others out. I figured that if I were in a place like Texas, where I supposed it to be more common, then I could do so without as much angst.

Just where do you live that it's legal but would take you "courage" to trail carry?? I've never, in my 75 years of life, felt uncomfortable open carrying a sidearm when I felt it appropriate.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Just where do you live that it's legal but would take you "courage" to trail carry?? I've never, in my 75 years of life, felt uncomfortable open carrying a sidearm when I felt it appropriate.
    Floriduh. Any trails I hike around here are not exactly empty. If I were in a less populated area maybe, but here you will pass many people on just about any trail.

Quote Originally Posted by BirdsThaWord View Post
    Floriduh. Any trails I hike around here are not exactly empty. If I were in a less populated area maybe, but here you will pass many people on just about any trail.
    Got it, at least sorta. When I think trails I, these days, think of Colorado mountain hiking. Not much in the way of populist skittisness wrt to open sidearm carry there.
    NRA Benefactor