Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop

Thread: Better to Buy New or Used CW9??

Default Better to Buy New or Used CW9??

I looked at a CW9 today and was quite impressed... New for about $365 or so +tax. Saw one used (2010 with 400 rounds through) for about $300. Is it better to pay close to $100 more for a new Kahr CW9 or is an older, good condition, low round count CW9 a better deal?

I ask because I may not be aware of some things that experts on this site may know regarding older pistols...

Thanks in advance for your assistance and advice.

Dave

There are new cw9s for $280 plus shipping right now at gunbroker.com. That being said I paid but $235 for my used cm9 at gunbroker and it has been great. No complaints here.

Guess it depends on who you want to break it in. You, or a stranger. I prefer to know who the owner is...…….just me. Worth the extra denaro……………………….

$280 for a new one plus about 50 for shipping and ffl. All in $330 for a new one. I would definitely go new for the $30 difference. I bought a PM9 with night sights used, but I saved a lot of bucks on it.

For me, in the light of so many crappy customer service gun companies (not Kahr) and/or the length of time required to send in, repair and get back a firearm, along with the limited (non lifetime warranty) offered by companies I have seen to many "Bubba-dized" guns sold to pawn shops and traded in for a new firearms without the LGS even checking to see if the gun even will chamber a round. IMO it is to much of a crap shoot to buy a used gun from many private parties or LGS that do not have a range to at least be able to fire the weapon prior to use. Looking at $50-$75 dollars difference between old and new...why risk it?

Condition is key....if it has night sights how old are they? Mint used I would save some money. So many people buy a gun and never even shoot it at all. Sometimes with used you can also get holster thrown in and ammo.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Thumbs down Buy new and sleep easy

https://grabagun.com/kahr-cw9-9mm-3-...oly-1-mag.html
    $352 out the door shipped with no tax
    Why buy a lemon or chance the round count is a joke?

If it's LNIB and you can inspect it before purchase?
    That's a different story...