Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K9 Happy,Happy,Happy !

Cool K9 Happy,Happy,Happy !

😃 Arrived yesterday, K9 I won on GB. It was advertised as SS, the factory box is labeled nickel. I have not spoke with Kahr yet but the best I can figure BO date was around the summer of 1996. This little baby literally does not have a mark on it anywhere and no indication that it was ever shot! I’m sure Kahr can answer my questions but was wondering when did Kahr offer a lifetime warranty and was it transferable? Next question,were the nickel plated guns carbon or stainless steel? It is magnetic but so is my SS P45. I’m guessing 400 Series Stainless? As soon as I get my posting count up I will send pictures. I kind of feel sorry for my P45, it just went from #1 to #2 on my favorite list! This whole deal was kind of a shot in the dark, being I had never seen, much less held an all steel Kahr! I blame y’all for this! All of the talk about how sweet these are! I put 53 rounds this morning into my test barrel with no malfunctions. I can’t wait to go to the range! I hope y’all are happy, contributing to my affliction! Thanks, Gary

I'm happy, and you should be too. There's plenty of love, no need to put the P45 into step child mode.

Enjoy. It's a great gun.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Thanks for the encouragement Bawanna, I’m spreading the love as we speak!! I have a question for you.The finish on this K Model is a mat nickel finish. All of the ones I’ve seen online were high polished. Did Kahr plate and finish them both ways? My brother is a retired tool&die maker and has seen a lot of plating and polishing can hide some imperfections in the process. If left mat the plating needs to be very even and of good quality to look good and this one looks great!

I don't have a solid answer to that question. I don't know if they did both or just one or the other at different times.

I've seen the matt, I think my K40 is mat but I'll have to find the box to see what they called it.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

I believe the early nickel plated Kahrs are carbon steel. 1996 is the time period when they were introducing the stainless models though. Could be either. A magnet won't indicate which as they stick to both types of steel Kahrs. Nickel models are pretty rare so you may want to keep it in good shape. May be a nice collectable.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Thanks for the information ripley. After looking a lot at K9 pics today,I’ve noticed a change in the frame design. On my ‘96 Model there is section of the frame at the top of the grip that is a separate piece. The newer ones are solid in that area I believe. Does anyone know the reason for the change? I don’t have a newer model to compare it to. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SKSears View Post
     Next question,were the nickel plated guns carbon or stainless steel? It is magnetic but so is my SS P45. I’m guessing 400 Series Stainless?
    Congrats! Sounds like a great find. According to the Kahr site, the current K series slides are machined from 416 stainless.

https://www.kahr.com/t-series-k-seri...ries-handguns/
    Aftermarket accessories for Kahr Pistols at https://lakelinellc.com/
    There are always more in the pipeline...

Congrats on your K9! One of the coolest (I think the MK is THE coolest) single stacks on the planet in my opinion!

It looked lonesome,sitting there waiting to go to the range,so I stopped but my LGS and picked a partner for her, an MK40. Sweet,Sweet,Sweet!!! These two are natural born shooting machines!

Quote Originally Posted by SKSears View Post
    It looked lonesome,sitting there waiting to go to the range,so I stopped but my LGS and picked a partner for her, an MK40. Sweet,Sweet,Sweet!!! These two are natural born shooting machines!
    Niiice! I bet you will love it!!!