Tommy Gun   Kahr Shop   Xssights   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie with new CT380 gold slide

Default Newbie with new CT380 gold slide

Hi, I just bought the gold version of the CT380. Came with 2 mags, both too heavily crimped on the bottom plate to open without tools. A little tapping of a chisel where needed and they work fine now. Couldn't find a place in AZ to rent one, but finally found one (and one only) to handle at a gun show in Phoenix. Haven't shot my CT380 yet, but I've field stripped it and exercised the recoil springs well.

Have a class in cleaning and lubing in a week and a half followed by a beginner marksmanship class. I'm handling the recoil springs well enough. Went about finding the lightest gun that I could get all 3 fingers on the grip, only to discover my concealed carry purse weights almost 2 pounds. Need to get that cow replace.

I've ordered the itargetpro laser system, and want to get good at shooting from waist level. Bummer, local shooting range won't let you shoot from the waist. I'll be visiting their competition a lot I expect.

Cynthia

Welcome. My CT380 is my primary carry gun. I hope yours works out well for you.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Welcome Cynthia, glad you found us.
    Sounds like your on the right track and I'm confident it will all work well for you.

Plenty of help here if you need it and please let us know how it all works out.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Default Interesting Pistol

This is my EDC pistol in 38 Super. A bit larger but much more powerful.
    Attached Images Attached Images

There's a reason why they don't want you shooting from waist level. You'll figure out why. Personally, I don't see a reason why you'd want to.

Welcome to the forum Cynthia!

I can see why indoor ranges might be restrictive about shooting from the waist.
    However, the public outdoor range down here in Yuma is not that restrictive about practicing from the hip shooting...or at least I haven't seen anyone being admonished for it.

Are you shooing at Ben Avery? I've no idea if they are as restrictive: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ben-A...37736049589404
    AIRret has shot there; maybe she will chime in. Hey MB!

Many here shoot in the desert: https://www.blm.gov/programs/recreat...ooting/arizona

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Well, I'm not really interested in shooting from the waist, but that is what the indoor range here calls it if you do anything other than use your sights. I am interested in a percentage of my shots being 'point and shoot' at moderately close range. Just got the itargetpro, and it works pretty darn well. I can get lots of dry fire practice with it in any manor I choose.

I'm up in Prescott, so it's a bit far for Ben Avery. The Prescott Gun Club, an indoor range, is concerned about the possible angles involved, and I guess about a bullet going thru the roof or something. There is another indoor range in Prescott Valley which sounds like it may be less restrictive, an outdoor range in Chino Valley, and some sort of outdoor range in what may be on forestry service lands near Granite Mountain, close to Prescott. So, it looks like I have options that I have yet to explore. But, first things first. Need to get this gun thru its first firing, Aug 9. Well, no big deal for the gun, but maybe a big deal for me.

Cynthia

OK, back from the Beginning Marksmanship class, and first use of CT380. Had lots of FTFs. Shot a total of about 37 rounds, but would have shot close to 50 if I hadn't gotten out of sinc so often with the group. I don't think I can blame it on limp wristing, as the majority of feed failures were after loading the magazine into the gun and using the slide release to load the first round, but not all the failures, maybe 2/3rds. I used 3 brands of FMJ ammo, Remington UMC, Armscore, and American Eagle and they all gave me the same problem. I'll be putting the rest of the 200 rounds I bought thru the gun in the next few days.

Cynthia

Ugh. Not a great start. Did the gun jam or were you able to tap the back of the slide to make it go into battery?

I would put some more rounds through it but it’s unlikely that will fix the problem.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Try the steps in the "new Kahr prep" in this forum. It worked out all of the problems on my CW380.