Magnum Research new   Xssights   Crimsontrace   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm back again for a little while!

One more thing….I now have a chrome browser on my MAC

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Outstanding!

Quote Originally Posted by AIRret View Post
    Yes, I'm calling Apple today to confirm I'm purchasing the right Mountain Lion. There's a 10.5 and a 10.8, at least that is what the tech. says.

As long as I can get more use out of this Mac that's the way I want to go.

Hey, last month I finally replaced my 10 year old flip phone with a smart phone. I'm not a part of the throw away culture, but I'm not afraid to buy quality when I need it……that's the way I grew up.
    Especially when it comes to guns I reckon. I don't much throw away neither. Resale means nothing to me, when I'm done with it, it usually ain't worth nothing to nobody.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

Quote Originally Posted by Bawanna View Post
    Especially when it comes to guns I reckon. I don't much throw away neither. Resale means nothing to me, when I'm done with it, it usually ain't worth nothing to nobody.
    My folks went through the depression and we were taught not to "WASTE"!!!!!! Today you buy a new appliance it's designed to last 10 years. Our appliances are 21 years old and all are fine except the stove….that's has to go. When we moved here our painter asked us if we "cooked" in the kitchen! Hmmmmm, was he referring to weird sex or what!!! Nope, it seems people don't cook at home very often these days! My Lord, even if eating out was cheaper than cooking I still wouldn't want to eat out all the time….YUCK!
    By the way my sister has a 40 year old washing machine….it works and she loves it! AND they have more than enough money to buy a new washing machine every year. It's just the way we grew up!!

High Plains Drifter, stuck in a Lowland swamp called California

I've got a 68 year old washing machine. She has slowed down a little over the years, but hopefully she will make it at least another 40.
    23 years in a Federal Penitentiary, 6x8 double bunked rooms with toilets

Not a throw away/waste person, neither. Appliances stay until they break and are no longer economical to repair, stereo dates to the lightning strike of 1996, still using our first, 52" Sony, flat panel TV that replaced a 30" CRT, etc. But when it comes to rapid advance tech bits I admit to replacing before "worn out" unserviceable. Our vehicles are only programmed for a 10 year, minimum, life. Current iPhone is a first release 6, but replaced a 4s (which I still have as a back-up) because the larger screen had more to me ease of use utility. Moved to/bought Mac computers a few years ago because Win 10 was the camel back break straw in our relationship with Microsoft....plus we now no longer need the dedcated big box for desktop use. Adequate power laptops are easily power, display, and periperals dockable. So I guess I'm a mix of my parents depression era based waste not want not early training and a newer, okay this works better for me now approach to life, the universe, and everything.

A side note wrt the Chrome browser Never, ever for me/us. Anything Alphabet/Google is like NSA but with no oversight and a profit motive Evil! A professional opinion.
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Not a throw away/waste person, neither. Appliances stay until they break and are no longer economical to repair, stereo dates to the lightning strike of 1996, still using our first, 52" Sony, flat panel TV that replaced a 30" CRT, etc. But when it comes to rapid advance tech bits I admit to replacing before "worn out" unserviceable. Our vehicles are only programmed for a 10 year, minimum, life. Current iPhone is a first release 6, but replaced a 4s (which I still have as a back-up) because the larger screen had more to me ease of use utility. Moved to/bought Mac computers a few years ago because Win 10 was the camel back break straw in our relationship with Microsoft....plus we now no longer need the dedcated big box for desktop use. Adequate power laptops are easily power, display, and periperals dockable. So I guess I'm a mix of my parents depression era based waste not want not early training and a newer, okay this works better for me now approach to life, the universe, and everything.

A side note wrt the Chrome browser Never, ever for me/us. Anything Alphabet/Google is like NSA but with no oversight and a profit motive Evil! A professional opinion.
    I've been aware of googles profit motives for awhile, but I'm more concerned about what else there collection of information may lead to i.e.. numerous violations of our constitution rights!!

As I wrote....NSA with no oversight. Or more correctly, akin to any or all of our intelligence agencies with no oversight. We've always found it "amusing" no one seemed to notice this. That's been changing a lot and quickly lately, however. It is not a violation of constitutional rights for a commercial company or organization to collect, use, and market personal information. Nor is it illegal unless expressly prohibited by law. Worse, one expressly permits it by agreeing to allow through acceptance of "terms and conditions of use" agreements with clauses buried in fine print. I'm glad folks are at last waking up to the issue.
    NRA Benefactor

Well Bawanna I'm glad that I am not alone not understanding this world anymore....I'm an old analog man trying to understand this digital fast paced world and not doing very well keeping up at all but if you like to fish I'll be glad to gas up the old whirlywhacker and bring you down to God's country and we can sit and fish my pond a little.....On the shallow end. The crappie eat up any bait you brung and on the deep end you can catch a few bass if you work um a little...There's more to life than the inter web cloud and it seems folks have forgotten what life is really all about....God is good