Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally... a .308 AR, PA-10.

Cool .308 Winchester

I've got Precision Armament’s M4-72 Severe-Duty Compensator on my .308.
    Gun has almost no recoil at all
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...le-brake-test/

I have the Burris Scope 1-4 on mine sighted in at 100 and like it a lot.
    "Life Member NRA"
    I am addicted to brake fluid...don't worry I can STOP at anytime!

Thanks, guys and gals, for the kind words and advice. I'm going to need all kinds of goodies, but have to go slowly with the money.

We're going to vend at the next gun show here, the smaller venue, and I hope to liberate a little cash from all of the stuff I bought at higher prices. I got confused over the buy high, sell low, or something like that.

I want to get the bolt catch not holding the bolt back taken care of before shooting the rifle. It has been a long time since I fired a large bore rifle, though some will say that not large bore... just .308. The last rifle I shot was my 1022 and that has been a few years. I had a Mini-30SS when we first got here, but sold it. i wouldn't mind have a new one. CDNN had the black Tactical version for $699. I saw one at the last show for $950 or $900 cash. I like stainless, though.

We've been in this house 21 years on the 14th this month and it was only a year old when we bought it. Taking care of it interferes with my hobbies... mostly sitting here and chatting on Facebook with my friends and defending freedom and our way of life!

Well, I need to get moving here. got to get on the treadmill this morning and then an MRI across town mid afternoon. My PSA went up from 3.9 to 6.8 and I need a "special" prostate MRI that's only available in a few places... the one I'm going to or there's one in St Augustine. I've already had the "roto-rooter" and had a benign growth removed, so I thought this episode was over.

This getting old sucks! I don't feel old, but I keep needing repairs... and my short time memory drives me nuts sometimes. At least I generally remember my wife's name! I thought that I was in pretty good shape and have been proactive the last few years with supplements and this year with the treadmill and some exercise.

Wynn, still a young 72.
    USAF Retired '88, NRA Life Member. Wife USAF Retired '96
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's
    Frédéric Bastiat’s essay, The Law: http://mises.org/books/thelaw.pdf

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by wyntrout View Post
    This getting old sucks! I don't feel old, but I keep needing repairs... and my short time memory drives me nuts sometimes. At least I generally remember my wife's name!
    Baby always works friend

Terms of endearment do work... Honey, Darling, Sweetheart, Dear, and Baby, though I don't use Baby, really. I do use her name abbreviated to Des' for Desiree.

PSA is going to send me a shipping label to return my PA-10, but I don't know if they want both the upper and the lower or one part. I got a message from customer service yesterday and replied with that question, but I haven't had an answer on what to return, yet.

I would rather they check it out before I fire it.

I need to get a table reservation for the next gun show here. Maybe I can get enough money to buy some more accessories for the PA-10.
    Avatar: Wynn re-enlists his wife Desiree, circa 1988 Loring AFB, ME. 42nd BMW, Heavy (SAC) B-52G's

Thomas Jefferson said

“A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.”
    and

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".

Quote Originally Posted by Barth View Post
    I've got Precision Armament’s M4-72 Severe-Duty Compensator on my .308.
    Gun has almost no recoil at all
    http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/201...le-brake-test/
    Ive been thinking about an AK platform lately and I think this would fit.
    The only thing better than having all the guns and ammo you'd ever need would be being able to shoot it all off the back porch.

Want to see what will be the end of our country as we know it???
    Visit here:
    http://www.usdebtclock.org/

AK style....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"

Now my 308 AR "fixed"....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Life Member NRA"

Cool Zastava M77 PS .308 Winchester

Quote Originally Posted by yqtszhj View Post
    Ive been thinking about an AK platform lately and I think this would fit.
    I totally love it.
    It's a blast to shoot.
    Surprisingly light, well balanced and handy.
    Very easy to shoot well with.
    Piston driven with a factory adjustable gas system.
    100% reliable right out of the box with a variety of ammo (Hornady TAP, Barnes TTSX & Lake City XM80)
    Csspecs makes quality US 922r 20 round mags for it.
    CNC Warrior make a quality US 922r bolt on folding stock for it.
    You can convert the Sporting Rifle to 922r without touching the fire control parts...

Down side is a limited number were imported for only a few years.
    Got mine NIB @ $649.
    Good luck finding one these days.
    They seem to go on Gunjoker used, converted and ridiculously priced.

This is my 100 yard, iron sight bush gun (and I like it)
    Last edited by Barth; 08-07-2018 at 08:09 PM.

I talked to PSA today and the PA/AR-10 was fixed and tested with 20 rounds and labeled for shipment to me yesterday, so I guess I'll get it soon. I can't wait to try it myself!

I just dropped $525 on a prostate biopsy and nitrous oxide yesterday. This kind of stuff eats into my fun stuff... not to mention being literally a PITA! The NO was a $125 "comfort" option! It didn't help with the pain, though!

Thomas Jefferson said

and