Mitch Rosen   Magnum Research new   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: REAL ID question

Out of curiosity...would some other form of SSA documentation, such as a benefit statement/tax document, or pre new issue Medicare card be accepted in lieu of a SS card?
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Out of curiosity...would some other form of SSA documentation, such as a benefit statement/tax document, or pre new issue Medicare card be accepted in lieu of a SS card?
    It appears that an SAA 1099, W2 or pay stub would be acceptable, as long as your full Social Security number is displayed.
    Last edited by gale155; 08-21-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks! The requirement had set me to thinking...while I know where mine is, what if I couldn't lay hands on that battered bit of paper issued to me 61 years ago when I was 14?
    NRA Benefactor

One would think a military retired ID, that does have one's SSN on it, would suffice as proof of one's SSN.

However, I work for Colorado Parks and Wildlife every summer and every spring I have to fill out the same paperwork I filled out the previous spring. I also need to bring my DL and my SS card. My military ID they will not accept.

Go figure. An ID issued by the US Gov't not accepted by a department within a state gov't.

Quote Originally Posted by ltxi View Post
    Thanks! The requirement had set me to thinking...while I know where mine is, what if I couldn't lay hands on that battered bit of paper issued to me 61 years ago when I was 14?
    You bet. Now don't take what I say for gospel where you live, in that requirements might vary from state to state...I don't know. Like you, I still have my original Social Security card, but I think it's fairly easy to get a replacement should the need arise.

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    You bet. Now don't take what I say for gospel where you live, in that requirements might vary from state to state...I don't know. Like you, I still have my original Social Security card, but I think it's fairly easy to get a replacement should the need arise.
    It really was simple curiosity. I'm in Colorado and my last year issued DL meets Real ID standards. But CA's last couple/few decades increased penchant for wierdness fascinates me.
    NRA Benefactor