CrossBreed Holsters   Xssights   Kahr Shop   Tommy Gun Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to me 2003 Kahr T9

Default New to me 2003 Kahr T9

I got this off GunBroker, so now my hunt is over. I knew it was going to be a great range gun, but the ease of shooting it still surprised me. After spending so much time only shooting small concealed carry pistols, the full-sized hefty T9 is like putting on sneakers after wearing dress shoes.

The serial number indicates a manufacture date of 2003. It seems like Kahr must have made a bunch of T9s in 2003 and 2004, because most people I encounter with T9s have the "old style" pistols.

The action is SLICK. The all steel construction and long rails make the slide feel like it's on ball bearings. The trigger is smooth. Best trigger of any of my Kahrs, with the possible exception of the CM9 on which I did a mirror polish of the trigger bar.

The night sights are dead, of course. There will be a set of Dawson Precisions in the future, as they're the only game in town.

This was a used purchase,so no box and only one magazine. That's a bit disappointing, but I got it for $470 plus shipping and transfer, so my T9 was $510 total. Since new ones are $800 or so, I feel I did OK. I will eventually buy a factory box and manual to maintain the provenance and quash my OCD. LOL I do wish Kahr's magazines were less expensive, but they are what they are.

I will eventually need to find an OWB leather holster. This is turning out to be more difficult than I thought.

And of course, I am in the process of wet-sanding and polishing it.

Congratulations!

You got a good deal.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

This is the only vendor I found with a T9 mold:
    Here is the leather pancake I got from them:
    http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/co...-undercover-78
    NRA Benefactor

Quote Originally Posted by kenemoore View Post
    This is the only vendor I found with a T9 mold:
    Here is the leather pancake I got from them:
    http://www.kirkpatrickleather.com/co...-undercover-78
    Aaaaaaaaand that's now bookmarked. Thanks a lot! Lots of interesting options there.

Excellent price on a very nice find. Enjoy.

This is a Mitch Rosen Premier I bought for a K9 but by massaging the muzzle end of the holster a bit the T9 fit perfectly and extended out just a fraction of an inch. Good holster that carries well.
    Judging by today's left wing, looks like Senator Joe McCarthy was right after all.

Quote Originally Posted by MMyers1970 View Post
    "...but the ease of shooting it still surprised me. After spending so much time only shooting small concealed carry pistols, the full-sized hefty T9 is like putting on sneakers after wearing dress shoes.
    LOL, hey you owe me a new keyboard -- as my "Avatar & Water" are now everywhere!!!

Congrats on that new purchase, and good luck with the Dawson Precision sights, they are slick (see my recent post about those, if you haven't yet...)

Careful.... You just might change those "sneakers" into "ballet shoes" if you make it too shiny!!!

Tight groups.

Old No7
    "Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH

More like into corfams. I look forward to seeing pics of it polished.

I got this off GunBroker, so now my hunt is over. I knew it was going to be a great range gun, but the ease of shooting it still surprised me. After spending so much time only shooting small concealed carry pistols, the full-sized hefty T9 is like putting on sneakers after wearing dress shoes.

The serial number indicates a manufacture date of 2003. It seems like Kahr must have made a bunch of T9s in 2003 and 2004, because most people I encounter with T9s have the "old style" pistols.

The action is SLICK. The all steel construction and long rails make the slide feel like it's on ball bearings. The trigger is smooth. Best trigger of any of my Kahrs, with the possible exception of the CM9 on which I did a mirror polish of the trigger bar.

The night sights are dead, of course. There will be a set of Dawson Precisions in the future, as they're the only game in town.

This was a used purchase,so no box and only one magazine. That's a bit disappointing, but I got it for $470 plus shipping and transfer, so my T9 was $510 total. Since new ones are $800 or so, I feel I did OK. I will eventually buy a factory box and manual to maintain the provenance and quash my OCD. LOL I do wish Kahr's magazines were less expensive, but they are what they are.

I will eventually need to find an OWB leather holster. This is turning out to be more difficult than I thought.

Congrats on the T9

If the sights are Trijicon, you can have them install new lamps:

RAR link: https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/suppo...horization.php

Regards,
    Greg
    [<a href=http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif target=_blank>http://i43.tinypic.com/2n7fnux.gif</a>

Thanks, Greg. I wasn't aware Trijicon could do that. Makes things easy.

[QUOTE=MMyers1970;400411]I got this off GunBroker, so now my hunt is over. I knew it was going to be a great range gun, but the ease of shooting it still surprised me. After spending so much time only shooting small concealed carry pistols, the full-sized hefty T9 is like putting on sneakers after wearing dress shoes.

The action is SLICK. The all steel construction and long rails make the slide feel like it's on ball bearings. The trigger is smooth. Best trigger of any of my Kahrs, ...

<snip>

I think I know part of the answer to this, but what makes a factory Kahr trigger so variable? I, like so many, bought their second Kahr based on how the trigger felt and performed in their first pistol, only to be disappointed to find that it was different and not really wonderful.