Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Magnum Research new   CrossBreed Holsters
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: P380 On The Way

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Congratulations. I have a P380 and it feeds reliably everything, including Win white box. I trust it completely.
    For SD ammo, i have the Hornady Critical Defense. I like the bullet shape and can slingshot the pistol if i have to and experience no malfunctions.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I always check the extractor tension and adjust it on any Kahr pistol I get before I shoot it. The last 3 definitely were way to high. This included a CM9, CT380 & a CW380.

    Quote Originally Posted by mpgo4th View Post
    Iím one of the guys that got one that needed extra work to function properly. Iím is a CW. Even when it was new and acting like a single shot it would fire critical defense perfectly. Mine needed the extractor pin sanded to be 100%. Now it will fire anything and only needed very minor hand sanding. Even if itís not perfect out of the box they are very fixable with little to no firearms knowledge. BTW that is a great deal. Wish I had that deal when I got mine


  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I'm sure there are probably more, but the two I'm familiar with are "Cylinder and Slide" and "Michiguns LTD".

    Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post

    Quick question...what is the company that does the extractor work? I know it's listed somewhere on these forums, but I sure can't find it!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    120

    Default

    I certainly can agree 100% with that. Once you get them dialed in, they are in my opinion the best small pocket pistols out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by mpgo4th View Post
    Iím one of the guys that got one that needed extra work to function properly. Iím is a CW. Even when it was new and acting like a single shot it would fire critical defense perfectly. Mine needed the extractor pin sanded to be 100%. Now it will fire anything and only needed very minor hand sanding. Even if itís not perfect out of the box they are very fixable with little to no firearms knowledge. BTW that is a great deal. Wish I had that deal when I got mine


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by markman View Post
    I'm sure there are probably more, but the two I'm familiar with are "Cylinder and Slide" and "Michiguns LTD".
    Thank you! Just looked up C&S, and the quotes seem quite reasonable.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Congrats. My P380 is 8 years old and my constant companion, no matter what else I may be carrying. I have only changed the firing pin spring and that is all. It shoots everything including WW white box. I have never tried Fiocchi but that is not a concern for me. I carry the Hornady CD because of the bullet shape, i know there will be a reliable feed.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by linksrds View Post
    Congrats. My P380 is 8 years old and my constant companion, no matter what else I may be carrying. I have only changed the firing pin spring and that is all. It shoots everything including WW white box. I have never tried Fiocchi but that is not a concern for me. I carry the Hornady CD because of the bullet shape, i know there will be a reliable feed.
    Thanks. I've accumulated enough Hornady CD to ride out a zombie apocalypse, so I'm hopeful my P380 likes it.

    I went to my LGS to do my FBI paperwork for the Kahr and...because I live in RI...my retired LE credentials mean absolutely nothing. Which means that I have to wait a full 7 days to take delivery. Sigh....

    But I did get a chance to handle the pistol, check out the night sights, and drop a magazine or two. I'm more eager than ever to get it to the range. Fingers crossed.....

    p.s. My Lakeline striker just showed up today, so I plan to do the standard Kahr prep AND include the striker replacement once I take this beauty home. I hope to give this pistol every chance to succeed.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    853

    Default

    It is a good pistol. Enjoy it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace   Xssights   Mitch Rosen