Crimsontrace   Tommy Gun Shop   Tommy Gun   Xssights
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P380 On The Way

Default P380 On The Way

Call me a sucker, call me addicted, but I took another bite at the hook...grabbed a P380, new with night sights, on gunbroker last night for $350.

Yup. Is there even a phrase for this? I know "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." But what about someone who goes back a third time?

I'm hoping a few things break my way:

1) I got a P380, not CW380. Maybe this will change my luck? 2) There are some rumors circulating that Kahr has listened and is adjusting the extractor 3) If they don't, there is some good info here on how to fix it.

I'm gonna be smarter this time. I'll burn through 200 rounds of cheap ammo, and then start fiddling with changes, if need be. Magguts, Lakeline striker, maybe a SS guide rod...we'll do those one at a time, IF things seem promising.

Quick question...what is the company that does the extractor work? I know it's listed somewhere on these forums, but I sure can't find it!

How about "third time's the charm"?

That was a good price. I bought a DLC P380 for $387 from Bud's back when there were crazy good prices on the premium series.

It was more finicky than my CW380s out of the box on Perfecta ammo. Wouldn't even chamber it.

Fifteen minutes worth of work on the extractor and it now eats anything and everything. Plus it's a perfect baby brother for my older blunt nose PM9.

PM9 and P380 (2).jpg

Very nice!

I'd be happy to just find a single .380 SD ammo the my pistol will feed. This won't be a range gun for me, and won't be required to digest hundreds of rounds of range ammo after the break-in period. If I can get it to cycle Underwood, Hornady XTP, Critical Defense, ARX, Silver Tips, or any of the other proven SD ammos, I'll be over the moon happy. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    I'm gonna be smarter this time. I'll burn through 200 rounds of cheap ammo, and then start fiddling with changes, if need be. Magguts, Lakeline striker, maybe a SS guide rod...we'll do those one at a time, IF things seem promising.
    I've had my P380 for a year or two. Before I even shot it, my plan was to polish up any crude workmanship. However, the pistol was actually very nice right out of the box. I still threw in a Lakeline striker and Maggots kit. The extractor seemed stupidly tight, but it's still run all ammo perfectly except for Fiocchi. I carry it almost daily, and could leave it just like it is and never shoot Fiocchi. But I'll probably end up tuning it up a little nicer one of these days.

Congrats, Bosco! I'm just a Kahr noob, as you know, but that sounds like a really good price to me. My CW380 has digested everything I've fed it so far without complaint, including Inceptor (Ruger) ARX, Hornady XTP and American Eagle FMJ. I haven't done a thing to it yet, but am thinking about the Lakeline striker upgrade and SS guide rod.

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    Congrats, Bosco! I'm just a Kahr noob, as you know, but that sounds like a really good price to me. My CW380 has digested everything I've fed it so far without complaint, including Inceptor (Ruger) ARX, Hornady XTP and American Eagle FMJ. I haven't done a thing to it yet, but am thinking about the Lakeline striker upgrade and SS guide rod.
    Thanks. And, btw, I blame you--just a bit--for me taking this plunge back into Plastic Kahr World. Your success with your new 380 gave me the little push I needed. Let's hope my journey is a similar one!

Default P380 On The Way

I’m one of the guys that got one that needed extra work to function properly. I’m is a CW. Even when it was new and acting like a single shot it would fire critical defense perfectly. Mine needed the extractor pin sanded to be 100%. Now it will fire anything and only needed very minor hand sanding. Even if it’s not perfect out of the box they are very fixable with little to no firearms knowledge. BTW that is a great deal. Wish I had that deal when I got mine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations.

After being burned by a dud CW380 a few years I took a chance on a CT380 this year. I’m really glad I did as it has been great right out of the box.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Thanks. And, btw, I blame you--just a bit--for me taking this plunge back into Plastic Kahr World. Your success with your new 380 gave me the little push I needed. Let's hope my journey is a similar one!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. So far, mine may be the perfect pocket .380 I've been searching for. The Pico came close, and if it had had the same grip as the Kahr my search likely would have stopped with it.

Good luck, sir!

Congrats. I predict you'll be happy
    I've owned one p380 and 3 cw380s (currently still have 2 of the 4) and haven't regretted any. One of the CWs had to be sent in to have the extractor upgraded, and its been fine since. On the other hand I've owned a LOT of other micro 380 pocket pistols and none of them have been keepers. Most recently the Taurus Spectrum for which I had high hopes, turns out to have the same "smiley" issue that caused me to give up on my LCP and switch to Kahr in the first place.The PICO is slimmer in the pocket, but it has such a high bore axis I found it almost unshootable, and the trigger bar kept failing despite several trips back to Beretta, so I sold it.
    Having more than one means I can always send my CW380 in if necessary and not get impatient waiting for it to come back. But honestly I haven't had that much need. Difficult to rack, a pleasure to shoot, the most reliable of guns this size imo, its my EDC unless/until something better comes along.
    Rest in peace Muggsy

"Individual Muslims may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world." Winston Churchill 1899