Tommy Gun   Mitch Rosen   Kahr Shop   Crimsontrace
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: P380 On The Way

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    I was FINALLY able to pick up my P380 from my LGS today...as expected, it's a pretty little thing!

I'm curious about the serial number. It was sold as new, but the serial number is a bit odd: A000xxx. Does this sound right for a new P380??

Contac Kahr by e-mail. They will give you a born on date.

Not yet. Got her properly cleaned and lubed up last night, hand-cycled it a hundred times or so, and I'm currently letting her sit with the slide locked open to get those springs to set a bit.

My plan is to get her out next week, most likely along with my KT P3AT (which is also breaking in!).

p.s. Upon close inspection with it broken down, it looks like the ejector may be the "updated" version. So keep those fingers crossed! (I owe you a tube of Ben Gay!!)

Quote Originally Posted by dustnchips View Post
    Contac Kahr by e-mail. They will give you a born on date.
    Will do. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Not yet. Got her properly cleaned and lubed up last night, hand-cycled it a hundred times or so, and I'm currently letting her sit with the slide locked open to get those springs to set a bit.

My plan is to get her out next week, most likely along with my KT P3AT (which is also breaking in!).

p.s. Upon close inspection with it broken down, it looks like the ejector may be the "updated" version. So keep those fingers crossed! (I owe you a tube of Ben Gay!!)
    You owe me a case of Michelob...my hand will still ache, but I won't care.

Quote Originally Posted by gale155 View Post
    You owe me a case of Michelob...my hand will still ache, but I won't care.
    Hahahaha!

I just got an email back from Kahr. Looks like my pistol was manufactured in January of this year. That should mean it has the updated extractor, yes??

Most likely.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

THINGS ARE LOOKING GOOD!

Just got back from my first range trip with the P380. I shot about 50 rounds with Geco FMJ to start things off, and things weren't pretty...probably one failure to go into battery with every magazine. I light tap was enough to get it back in the fight, so I soldiered on with the intent of just getting some rounds downrange and breaking her in a bit. (FWIW, my Kel Tec was occasionally choking on the same ammo, and that pistol has been issue-free since I bought it.)

Next I moved on to Hornady Critical Defense, ARX rounds, and finally some Black Hills version of the XTP round. In total, I ended up shooting about 50 rounds of those ammos, all without a single hitch.

Then back to the Geco, for another 20 rounds of hiccups.

As a finale, I grabbed a plastic bag of loose rounds that'd been banging around in my range bag for months...a mix of various JHP self-defense ammos. I loaded those randomly in all three magazines, and again the Kahr ate them up without a hitch.

It's pretty clear to me that this pistol doesn't like the brand of FMJ I was using, which gives me no great concern. I'll probably try out a box of some Blazer I have lying around, but even if that is a failure I'm still not concerned. This isn't a range gun but a potential EDC, and so far it seems to like the hotter JHP.

One more range visit like this one, and I'll get the Lakeline striker installed...and then maybe a couple of Magguts upgrades. Fingers crossed, I may have a keeper here.....

I'm sure you do. I always question ammo brands with funny names. Never heard of Geco and I know nothing about it at all but it's one that I would not even look at passing it on the shelf.
    I've had very good luck with the Blazer, both aluminum and brass case.
    Stick with the good stuff and you'll always have a more harmonious outcome I think.

I'm glad things are looking good and promising for you.
    In Memory of Paul "Dietrich" Stines.
    Dad: Say something nice to your cousin Shirley
    Dietrich: For a fat girl you sure don't sweat much.
    Cue sound of Head slap.

RIP Muggsy & TMan

"If you are a warrior legally authorized to carry a weapon and you step outside without that weapon, then you become a sheep, pretending that JOCKO will not come today."

That’s good news. Definitely try some Blazer if you can.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.