Magnum Research new   Xssights   CrossBreed Holsters   Tommy Gun
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: P380 On The Way

Quote Originally Posted by boscobarbell View Post
    Has anyone had any luck with the Extreme Defender or Extreme Penetrator rounds with the Kahrs?
    Glad things are looking good, bosco.

My carry ammo for my Kahr 380s is Underwood Xtreme Defender 65 gr +P.

Never had any problems out of my CW380s or P380. Feeds smooth as silk with those Starline nickle plated cases.

Has anyone had any luck with the Extreme Defender or Extreme Penetrator rounds with the Kahrs?
    Both cycle perfectly in my CT380.

muggsy: Let's face it, being shot by a .380 will ruin anyone's day.

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'll bring out some XD rounds next time I get her out to the range.

My pistol, at present, is with my local gunsmith to get the Lakeline striker installed. With any luck I'll get some more rounds downrange by late next week.

Just got back from the range with my P380, and it continues to run great with the new Lakeline striker. About 50 rounds of Blazer range ammo with only one FTF. Good enough for range work.

It also ran 100% with magazines of Hornady XTP, Underwood XTP +P, and once again with the ARX rounds.

However, it DID NOT like the Underwood Extreme Defender. Nope, not one little bit.

All and all, though, this pistol is a success. I'm nearly through the break-in period and ready for EDC use!!

Next up are some Magguts additions, just because.
    Last edited by boscobarbell; 11-16-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Whew! Good news, Bosco.

Is the Xtreme Defense jamming on the feed ramp?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidR View Post
    Is the Xtreme Defense jamming on the feed ramp?
    Yes. Maybe the Magguts will rectify it...I'll give it a go once installed. But I'm not optimistic.

Yes. Maybe the Magguts will rectify it...I'll give it a go once installed. But I'm not optimistic.
    After my first range visit went so well with the MagGuts and no experience with the factory mags I switched one back to see if the angle of the round was different. It was. Not a gigantic amount, but we all know that fractions of inches make all the difference in firearms. I have a feeling that the MagGuts will get it running with the xtreme defenders.

However, I'd feel better running ARX rounds(or whatever you decide) that STILL run even better than rounds that I JUST GOT to run with a parts change. Especially with the springs being brand new and still pretty dang stiff.
    Last edited by lantern; 09-12-2018 at 11:10 AM. Reason: added a sentence

It’s ironic - my CT380 cycles Xtreme Defense fine so I bought some Underwood 9mm 90 grain standard pressure Xtreme Defense to try in my 9mm pistols. While my Shield cycled them fine, 2 out of 10 rounds fired in my CM9 jammed on the feed ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by lantern View Post
    However, I'd feel better running ARX rounds(or whatever you decide) that STILL run even better than rounds that I JUST GOT to run with a parts change. Especially with the springs being brand new and still pretty dang stiff.
    I agree. And I'm completely satisfied with the XTP rounds, anyway, both in terms of reliability and what I've seen of gel testing.